Need new supplier...

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
WAJeff

Need new supplier...

Post by WAJeff »

Does anyone know where I can but hardware locally (Cape Town Area)
I used to use Sybaritic but their service and repairs has let me down big time. My HDD messed up, I wait 6 weeks for a new one and the new one still dont work :evil:
Im not talking about ComputerMania or Incredible Corruption but someone else who sells to the public with decent prices and service

Suggestions will be much appreciated!
Citi-surfer

Post by Citi-surfer »

Silverback the only two decent places to buy from here in CT is buycomputers and Cafeviva/java, but it is best to go personally to the stores than buying online.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Citi-surfer wrote:Silverback the only two decent places to buy from here in CT is buycomputers and Cafeviva/java, but it is best to go personally to the stores than buying online.
Thanks man, I'll give them a try. Where they situated?
I know enough about hardware to buy online so I always know what Im getting, problem is that whenever something breaks down (like it has so many times with Sybaritic) I need to pay for courier which gets expensive!
Arent there places like Rectron or something that sell to the public?
Citi-surfer

Post by Citi-surfer »

Buycomputers is in Diepriver and Cafe viva is in Stadium on main in Claremont.The reason why i say rather go in is because once they get to know you, you can pickup a bargain or two ( It might just be that they are getting sick of seeing my face so they give me discounts to get me out. who knows)
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Citi-surfer wrote:Buycomputers is in Diepriver and Cafe viva is in Stadium on main in Claremont.The reason why i say rather go in is because once they get to know you, you can pickup a bargain or two ( It might just be that they are getting sick of seeing my face so they give me discounts to get me out. who knows)
Cool! my fiance is in Claremont so I'll give their stuff a look this weekend! I'll look at BuyComputers list from their website. Diepriver is a trek for me!
Thanks for the help Citi-surfer!
Judas

Post by Judas »

silv3rback wrote:
Citi-surfer wrote:Silverback the only two decent places to buy from here in CT is buycomputers and Cafeviva/java, but it is best to go personally to the stores than buying online.
Thanks man, I'll give them a try. Where they situated?
I know enough about hardware to buy online so I always know what Im getting, problem is that whenever something breaks down (like it has so many times with Sybaritic) I need to pay for courier which gets expensive!
Arent there places like Rectron or something that sell to the public?
There's also a branch of Cafe Viva in Durbanville if that's closer to you - I've dealt with them in the past, they actually have very good service :D.

Unfortunately I'm not registered with Rectron or Legend anymore, if I was I could have organised you some really good prices :(.
'One will rarely err if extreme actions be ascribed to vanity, ordinary actions to habit, and mean actions to fear.'
- Friedrich Nietzsche

'Do not argue with Judas, nube, that would be foolish!'
- D3PART3D
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Judas wrote:There's also a branch of Cafe Viva in Durbanville if that's closer to you - I've dealt with them in the past, they actually have very good service .

Unfortunately I'm not registered with Rectron or Legend anymore, if I was I could have organised you some really good prices .
I must see if I can find anyone who is registered with Rectron or Axis or a company along those lines to get some really good prices! Claremont if definatly closer. Im pretty close to the CBD so transport to Claremont is not a problem, especially if Im going to look at PC stuff and the fiance at the same time :wink:
Judas

Post by Judas »

silv3rback wrote:especially if Im going to look at PC stuff and the fiance at the same time :wink:
Two birds, one stone! ;)

'One will rarely err if extreme actions be ascribed to vanity, ordinary actions to habit, and mean actions to fear.'
- Friedrich Nietzsche

'Do not argue with Judas, nube, that would be foolish!'
- D3PART3D
eraser

Post by eraser »

Another place is Chaos Computers in Durbanville and Kenilworth!

www.chaosnet.co.za

Excellent place and the guys know their stuff! :D

PS, Dont go by their website, rather go there!
qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

try matrix in cape town....
speak to Vaughn.
~~*Head of the Druidic Council of the Pride of Darkness*~~
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
M1ke

Post by M1ke »

Is there any place closer to say Milnerton / Tableview?
"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

When I was sill livin g in Cape Town there was a rather cool PC shop with excellent prices in Edgemead...at the Edgemead shopping centre. :? :P
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.