PCF February 2007

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
Lithe_Joint

Post by Lithe_Joint »

viceroy wrote:
Oh my big straw hat...was that mod built by an inexperienced person? Probably.
How, then, do you crit a thing that does not realy look that nice?
Do you say "dude, I think with some modification to the cr@ppy cable work, this "MONSTER" could be featured in pcformat", or do you say "dude, do that over, its ugly and doesn't deserve to be in pcformat as it is".

Because, if it does look ugly, and it gets published, some of our readers will also say it looks ugly...and then a whole thing will inseu

Top class publications, should feature the kind of work to strive towards, and should , imo, set an example.

Because us noobs learn from it!
So submit your rig and show us all how it should be done!
Dude, I'm not finished with it yet :)

And whether the critics are harsh or not, I will take that what I've learned and apply it to my next mod...

Nobody is perfect, least of all me. :)
the pen is mighter than the sword, but the word is always final
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Well at least Doobs will have a fairly decent case in the mag next month. So we can all congratulate him on that again.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Look, the case in this months mag is in fact just a PC that a guy built, and probably no modding was involved, and it's a MESS, so i agree with you guys about this months rig. I just hate it when someone actually MODS a case but people give him crap.

Sorry for the flame ;)
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
naughty

Post by naughty »

Cameron_Losco wrote::lol:

Okay, I'm not really going to comment because its not my baby but maybe Stacey ran it because it was the only one submitted. She is restarting the series and if you guys can do better then submit your rig.
However, I do have to agree that it is in a bit of a mess and not exactly a "monster" PC but the guy is probably just starting out.
where do you submit your rig - sorry i havent read the mag for the last two or three issues - but really there are lots of better mods on the forum itself - and "Stacey" could start by looking at the forum
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

naughty wrote:

Okay, I'm not really going to comment because its not my baby but maybe Stacey ran it because it was the only one submitted. She is restarting the series and if you guys can do better then submit your rig.
However, I do have to agree that it is in a bit of a mess and not exactly a "monster" PC but the guy is probably just starting out.
where do you submit your rig - sorry i havent read the mag for the last two or three issues - but really there are lots of better mods on the forum itself - and "Stacey" could start by looking at the forum
Yup... agree that if they kept half an eye on what was happening on the forum not only could they have some great mods in the mag they could even have a seven month workshop to assist budding modders in the darker secrets of what to do (and what not to do...)...

I seriously think they should consider more integration of the forum and the mag... it could do wonders for both...
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

naughty wrote:

pcf@intelligence.co.za I think
goku

Post by goku »

Damn I thought my cables were in a mess.

This sounds maybe harsh but whoever did that mod just slapped everything in without a second thought on making it tidy. I have a friend that doesn't care on bit about modding, even used cable ties and insulation tape to so that it looks respectable in his case.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

thEnaileDonE wrote:I seriously think they should consider more integration of the forum and the mag... it could do wonders for both...
Agreed.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Thinice

Post by Thinice »

Just picked up the Feb 07 issue

WOW WOW and more WOW

Good job guys, looks awesome, cant wait to start reading it

My posts are my own and not those of DigitalSAonline.co.za

South Africa's Online Web Store for Gamers.
http://www.DigitalSAOnline.co.za

Sponsor of
http://www.proximitylan.co.za
Judas

Post by Judas »

I didn't think the content was too great this month, but putting FC 6 on the DVD totally made up for it :D.

I really think the magazine could do with some new regular articles, perhaps something to do with game development or open-source?
'One will rarely err if extreme actions be ascribed to vanity, ordinary actions to habit, and mean actions to fear.'
- Friedrich Nietzsche

'Do not argue with Judas, nube, that would be foolish!'
- D3PART3D
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

So....er......what else is on the disc? Full products? Demos?
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

/blowing my own trumpet

I have the "favourite quote" in this issue, my sig!
UndaGrad

Post by UndaGrad »

To Cameron: Regarding the cover DVD. Is the Adobe Reader supposed to be in the General folder or not? I'm afraid I don't have it on mine.

Edit: I'm assuming it should be Acrobat Reader version 8.0? I don't have it.
Last edited by UndaGrad on 06 Feb 2007, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
Moses

Post by Moses »

lancelot wrote:/blowing my own trumpet

I have the "favourite quote" in this issue, my sig!

You won by default!