Zonealarm pop up - what is this?

Viruses, hackers and crackers
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Hmm, I am using iBurst. Its now 25000+ attempts.:lol:

Also what you mean by
If you connect with more than one PC, you should maybe get a router / firewall.
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

If you have more than one PC you want on the internet, get a router that shares the connection instead of connecting the iBurst modem directly to the PC. What happens is all traffic needs to go through the router first to get to the PC. A side effect of this is that the router will act as another more secure layer on top of zone alarm. It is not really worth it if you only have one PC.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Back to the original problem PsyClown. I had the same thing when I installed ZoneAlarm and I pinged the relevant ip address with the "-a" name to find out the domain (if any) and discovered that there were different IP's attempting to connect.

I eventually deduced that these IP addresses were ABSA ISP servers checking to see if I was still connected(I'm on an ABSA dial-up connection :-/).

So, after this long story, I think that IP address notification of yours may be your ISP checking if your public IP is still up and running.

Now that I think about it, it makes sense, since ISP's use dynamic IPs which are dynamically assigned when you connect to them. So the servers automatically check to see if your IP is still up periodically.

Or it could just be a haxxor. :wink:
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson