project "RED HOT CHILLI PEPPER"

Post logs of your latest creation in here.
naughty

project "RED HOT CHILLI PEPPER"

Post by naughty »

for all the guys who saw my mod previously and who were wondering what was going on with it i have decided to start a totally new project for my main rig - that new project will unfold in a little while - but in the meantime the old case has been relegated to my spare pc

this spare pc wil not be watrercooled - hence i will not be needing to do too much work to complete the case

in the meantime ive replaced my spare machine components which were as follows

1) amd athlon 2100+ cpu
2) abit km400 microatx mobo
3) 512mbs of twinmos ram
4) 19" phillips crt monitor

with the following items

1) amd A64 3500+
2) msi k8n neo4 platinum mobo
3) same 512mbs of ram
5) benQ FP91GX 19" lcd monitor
6) ATI X300 graphics card just to get picture on the screen for now - will slot in my remaining 7800gtx into here wheni buy a DX10 card for my main rig

with the older parts i have built up a machine for my nephew and niece - they are 15 and 10 respectively so that spec will do them fine - just need to get a decent agp card for cheap to help them with gaming

in the meantime heres a small teaser pic of what the insides of the spare machine look like

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/ ... c/int2.jpg

i have pasted a link cos the photo is a bit big

note that this pic is of the entire fully working machine - it really does look that neat inside - and i still have a bit of work to do to make it look neater - that is as follows

1) i need to make a cover at the top section which will prevent you from seeing the wiring of the psu
2) i need to cover up the main atx connector wiring - so that canot be seen - so ive got some chromed sleeving whichwill cover that (had this for three years now - so i havent copied the idea from DJV's mod)
3) i need to make a false floor to cover up the hole i made for the watercooling tubing
4) i need to cover up all the slot holes at theback of the pc that are not occupied
i need to sleeve the visible fan wires and hide those better
5) i will eventually get one of those nickel plated zalman coolers to replace thecopper one to match the all silver look
6) i just then need to install all the relevant lighting and then put all the panels ie side and top in place

externally i also have to spray my ups to match the case (its white now - will become black) - and i will buy some black logitech speakers to replace my white creative ones which will go to my nephew and nieces machine ...... i was gonna spray the creative ones - but i can get those logitech x230's for dirt cheap and this is only a spare rig anyway
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
naughty

Post by naughty »

just to recap heres what the original case looked like when i bought it

and heres what the case looked like when i started modding it

and this is what the side panel looks like

expect many many more pics of this soon - i will be finished with it completely by next weekend ....... after which im getting my apartment flat tiled and then im going to start some major work on my new mod

i wont spoil the surprises of that new mod yet - will explain those in a new thread as work commences - but its gonna be a doozy of a project - unfortunately i can only start work on it around feb or so by which time all the tiling etc will be completed - so hopefully this project will keep me busy for awhile
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

All i wanna see is the new mod!

Nitin i've always believed that you have some SERIOUS modding skill, i hope to see that soon! :D

Please just give us ONE spoiler - what case will you be modding? Or will you be building your own? :D
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
naughty

Post by naughty »

Please just give us ONE spoiler - what case will you be modding? Or will you be building your own? Very Happy
since you insist - and Bobendren has an idea of what im planning on doing

there wont be a case at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wont say anymore until i start doing that mod
Bobendren

Post by Bobendren »

Yes, you guessed right, he's going to suspend all the components with advanced magnetic levitation techniques developed by nasa. This will of course render the pc useless, but it'll look cool, and that's all that counts. :P
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

ooooh thas naiiiiiice
naughty

Post by naughty »

Mikdog wrote:ooooh thas naiiiiiice
what is ???????.......... the mod

or the idea of using "advanced magnetic levitation techniques designed by nasa - incorporating some molecular particle suspension theory to suspend the pc which is going to render the pc useless but make it look cool" :P :P :P :P :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

@naughty I was also wondering when you were going to start modding. Cool man can't wait to see what you are up to.
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

Nicessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss (not as in es but like iccccccccccccce)
naughty

Post by naughty »

thanks for the kind words guys - much appreciated
Samaya wrote:@naughty I was also wondering when you were going to start modding. Cool man can't wait to see what you are up to.
SAMAYA - ive got some major ideas for my next mod - it will just have to wait for me to get my flat retiled though - but ill start sometime in Jan/Fab on the new project

this one will be complete sometime on the coming weekend

heres a small taster of what the monitor and desktop area are beginning to look like

and another angle

dont wory about the mess in and around that area - when the mod is complete it will look very neat ie no wires visible at all besides for usb extension items