Darrell Hair offered to resign for cash!

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Kiran

Darrell Hair offered to resign for cash!

Post by Kiran »

The BBC wrote:Umpire Darrell Hair offered to quit in exchange for $500,000 (£266,000), the International Cricket Council has said.
Source

Can anybody say "ransom?"

Now here's the ACTUAL OFFICIAL EMAIL of demand that Darrell Hair sent to the ICC:
Darrell Hair wrote:Doug, just to firm up what we discussed earlier this evening. I appreciate the ICC may be put in a untenable position with regards to future appointments and having taken considerable time and advice, I make this one-off, non-negotiable offer.

I am prepared to retire/stand down/relinquish my position on the elite panel to take effect from 31st August 2006 on the following terms:

1. A one-off payment to compensate the loss of future earnings and retain a payment over the next four years which I believe would have been the best years I have to offer ICC and world umpiring.

This payment is be the sum of US $500,000 - details of which must be kept confidential by both parties. This sum to be paid directly into my account by 31st August 2006.
Then, after the story breaks, he rescinds his demand so as to re-evaluate the amount he wants to ask for:
Darrell Hair wrote:It appears from overnight developments that the issue of racism has arisen and from advice I have just received, the sum indicated in my release offer is being revised.
Hey look, this just sound's veeerrry dodgey to me. :?
What is this "Microsoft" that you speak of? Washing powder? Coffee? Correction fluid? I can't figure it out. Anyone else know?
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Hair is a wanksta of epic proportions.

Everyone in SA has known this since the 90's.

He is definitly not a world-class umire - nor is he even the slightest bit impartial.
The man doesnt give a damn about the game of cricket.

Daryl Hair for the electric chair :!:
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

jamin_za wrote: Daryl Hair for the electric chair :!:
With all the blackouts we've been having I wouldn't waste the electricity on him... They should tie him to a tree in a field with a flock of sheep in mating season and let him gnaw through his own limbs with frustration... *sick*
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
ichigo

Post by ichigo »

i think Darrell hair should join the interpol he would become an excellent agent cause he has a good eye at catching someone for example 26 cameras that could not pick up any wierdness on ball tampering and only he could, hey what do you know his better than James Bond himself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What you see is what you want to see, but what you do see you can\'t

Baka Wa Shinanakya Naoranai
Kiran

ICC decides to ban Australian Umpire Hair

Post by Kiran »

ICC decides to ban Australian Umpire Hair from international cricket: official

International Herald Tribune wrote:MUMBAI, India: The International Cricket Council on Friday decided to ban Australian umpire Darrell Hair from officiating international matches for his conduct at August's Pakistan-England clash that led to the first forfeit in test cricket's 129-year history, an ICC official said.
International Herald Tribune wrote:The action against Hair comes nearly 2 1/2 months after he and fellow umpire Billy Doctrove of the West Indies penalized Pakistan five runs on the fourth day of its fourth and final test against England at the Oval on Aug. 20 for ball tampering.
International Herald Tribune wrote:The ICC on Sept. 28 cleared the Pakistani team of ball tampering, but banned Inzamam-ul-Haq for four one-day matches for bringing the game into disrepute by not continuing the test match.
At long last... :onfire:

Read the full article here.
What is this "Microsoft" that you speak of? Washing powder? Coffee? Correction fluid? I can't figure it out. Anyone else know?
ichigo

Post by ichigo »

good riddens... :twisted:
What you see is what you want to see, but what you do see you can\'t

Baka Wa Shinanakya Naoranai