What game?

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
ADV4NCED

What game?

Post by ADV4NCED »

Hey, I need to get a new game and I dont know which games are any good - havent been reading much pc format in the last few months. I played a demo off a pcformat disk awhile ago called Condemned: Criminal origins which I thought was excellent.

I can't find it anywhere though, not in any shops and not on any sites such as kalahari.net!!

I read that Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales is quite promising too, anyone got any input on that?

I'm not too keen on Battlefied 2142 as there is no real single player and my internet is a joke.

Any other titles worth looking at?
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Mal

Post by Mal »

I think the above link is broken......... :?
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Nope :wink:
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Dark Messiah, Neverwinter Nights 2, Splinter Cell Double Agent

3 games which have been released or will be released soon, all of which are very very cool...

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

If you like rpg's go for gothic 3 and never winter nights 2.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
Ike

Post by Ike »

Call of Juarez, I finished it and it was an Oblivion Western :)

I rate it 90/100

Fear:extraction point

Played demo, Seems kinda awesome ;)

Gothic 3, have it, Don't have time to play it though :(

not much else released jet, Maybe you should wait till 1 Dec?
arcadecrawler

Post by arcadecrawler »

pariah (like farcry meets quake meets hl2 meets ut2004) 8.1/10

really underated fps and like 90 bucs at toys r us or look around.... bleh

nice grafix on ghettoware too
Gatsby

Re: What game?

Post by Gatsby »

ADV4NCED wrote:Hey, I need to get a new game and I dont know which games are any good - havent been reading much pc format in the last few months. I played a demo off a pcformat disk awhile ago called Condemned: Criminal origins which I thought was excellent.

I can't find it anywhere though, not in any shops and not on any sites such as kalahari.net!!

I read that Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales is quite promising too, anyone got any input on that?

I'm not too keen on Battlefied 2142 as there is no real single player and my internet is a joke.

Any other titles worth looking at?
No offense dude... seriously... but all those games you mentioned are crap, save maybe BF2142, but then again you dont have the internet.

Like only one said... the new splinter cell is worth looking at... the xbox360 version got a great review on ign.

I would say to you upgrade your internet connection and get WoW. It is quite simply the best game I have ever played and it is so worth the monthly connection fee. It is so good that I haven't bought any games since I got WoW in July and the only games I am gonna get this Xmas are:

NFS Carbon and the new Splinter Cell.

Sorry I said your choices are crap, I wasn't trying to flame u mate... just an observation.

Another truly epic game... if you are into RTS is Company of Heroes!

I wouldn't recommend dark messiah... sounds crappy.

Honestly, read some reviews here:

pc.ign.com

pc.gamespy.com

pc.gamespot.com

their reviews are in depth and very accurate and conclusive... you cant go wrong with their opinions... I never have.

You also can't go wrong with WoW... nuff said I suppose!

ps. neverwinter nights 2 - 86% on gamespot - nice!!!

Lazarus - Shattered Halls

ek se hosh. dala kulids. ghle, ho! oom, atts! hoe lyk die kambotcha? gwallafest 2007
capanno

Post by capanno »

Cant wait for the new splinter cell...
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

I am playing NFS carbon tonight,.. I cant wait :) I dont care if the cars handle badly, I want eye candy.. and hear the beautiful cars...
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

where do you get it!!!1????///?/?/

Lazarus - Shattered Halls

ek se hosh. dala kulids. ghle, ho! oom, atts! hoe lyk die kambotcha? gwallafest 2007
Jdoa

Post by Jdoa »

Gatsby wrote:where do you get it!!!1????///?/?/
*caugh* piracy *caugh*

lol kidding :D

i wanted to buy that Ultimate Alliance today but decided to read the review instead, and its just a lil better than the X-men Legends titles. And i wanted to buy Guildwars, cause i dont have the monthly fee to pay.

Do you guys think guildwars (first one) or the new nightfall is worth buying? cause i read that factions is not worth it, but i want some opinions please on it
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

Jdoa wrote: *caugh* piracy *caugh*
LMAO :)

I got it from a friend, who did not get it from SA ;)
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)
M1ke

Post by M1ke »

Did i miss Company of Heroes here?
Definate buy
"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."
MrDeVil_909

Post by MrDeVil_909 »

@Jdoa: I quite enjoy GW factions... Most people don't coz it's too easy to get experience and it isn't enough of a traditional roleplayer. This suits me because i'm impatient. :)

But if I were you I would start with Nightfall. If you love it go for the others when/if you have the time and money. The different sets of content work together really well.
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

well, I have been playing carbon for like 30mins... and I still feel like it is in a tutorial.. it is quite an indepth game in comparison to the other NFS's. looks good... still very arcade feel.. I like it.. I will be playing it all weekend.
billypengilly

NFS Most Wanted

Post by billypengilly »

Just finished it tonight (morning) not a pro with games but completed the whole game and unlocked everything, now i'm number one, he he, now i see there are add ons and extra cars you can download sound interesting. anyone know about that, can we add stages cars or etc to the game like mods
arcadecrawler

Post by arcadecrawler »

Flatout 2 was pretty cool if you like destruction!

I choose the cars with med handling.... and upgraded so I had the best handling.... probably the most important thing, the handling had to be over 6.0

and then I kicked all kinds of bottom, best racing game I've played in years, my fav thing to do is to take the school bus and ride around the crash alley and smash straight into oncoming cars and send them to their doom!

flatout2 8.7

I don't think I've ever beaten another racing game before.... the game is so well optimised to looks great on ghettoware and high spec... you can even turn the music off and run mp3s in the background.....