November 2006 PCF - The Tales of Agony

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Understand my post... Im NOT attacking the new editor, havent seen her work yet... I was voicing opinions regarding PCF... Those small spelling mistakes etc dont bother me either...

All the best Stacey!!
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
NinjaTic

Post by NinjaTic »

A very interesting and extremely time consuming thread to read through, but it was obviously a heated weekend last weekend. Some good points. One thing that annoys me is that people start flame wars when one person gives his/her own opinion! Everyone is entitled to their gripes, no person has the right to shoot that person down (especially on a personal level).

I agree that the content is not as good as I remember, but a new Ed means new potential, and she wouldn't have been appointed into the position of PCF Editor if she didn't have potential. Lets give her some space to spread her wings and see what she can do.

Welcome to PCF, where there is never a moment when EVERYBODY is satisfied! :lol:
Last edited by NinjaTic on 02 Nov 2006, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
neon_chameleon wrote:

Im 22 next week and I cant commit to what Im going to eat for breakfast. I mean cereal is so boring but its quick, and eggs take forever to make and theres the toast to make sure you dont burn....
eraser

Post by eraser »

DJT wrote:I'll be honest, I haven't tried my DVD yet, so I can't talk about the autorun or interface, but I have read the mag. I never even noticed the things you have all been saying until I went back to look for them after reading here. I have never been disappointed with the mag, ever. And I think that some of you guys are being a little harsh on the Ed, this is only her second mag. It can't be easy trying to keep all you lot happy, but she is doing her best. Just remember, you can't please everyone.

To Stacey, Welcome :D . To the rest of the PCF team, keep up the great work
DJ
LOL! :lol:

*cough*suck up*cough*

joking! :-)
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

Wow, only took 49 minutes to get flamed :lol: :lol:
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

DJT wrote:I'll be honest, I haven't tried my DVD yet, so I can't talk about the autorun or interface, but I have read the mag. I never even noticed the things you have all been saying until I went back to look for them after reading here. I have never been disappointed with the mag, ever. And I think that some of you guys are being a little harsh on the Ed, this is only her second mag. It can't be easy trying to keep all you lot happy, but she is doing her best. Just remember, you can't please everyone.

DJ
Also haven't checked the dvd... But the mag isn't amazing anymore, I mean the past year or so. :P
UsMarshal

Post by UsMarshal »

Yeah and what's with all the farm equipment adverts on page 12 and the twin sheep centerfold?

<oops! puts down last months copy of Farmer's Weekly and picks up PC Format>
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

I34z1k wrote:

DJ
Also haven't checked the dvd... But the mag isn't amazing anymore, I mean the past year or so. :P
I actually had to go back, after reading through here, and find the things people were complaining about, that is how small they are. I still love reading PCF every month. And a few mistakes aren't going to change that. I think people here are being a little too critical.
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook