Only half the RAM of graphics card detected during POST

Any hardware related topics go here.
LONEWOLF

Post by LONEWOLF »

Frequently, but not always, only half the RAM of my graphics card is detected during POST.
<BR>
<BR>I own a Gigabyte GF-2000DT Geforce 2 GTS 32 MB graphics card mounted on a Gigabyte GA-7ZX motherboard. I run Windows 98 SE.
<BR>
<BR>However, after I restart my PC from Windows the full complement of RAM is detected. And to make things more complicated, the full 32 MB of RAM is sometimes detected during POST as well. The problem lies with the times it is not!
<BR>
<BR>My PC is now 2 years old and this problem has not occurred before.
<BR>
<BR>Any help?
Corsair 650D : Corsair AX850 : Intel i7 3770K : Corsair H60 : Gigabyte Z77 UD5H Wi-Fi : 8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-2133 : 128GB Plextor M3 Pro SSD : 2TB WD Black : Seagate Black Armor 220 NAS : Gigabyte GTX 680 OC : X-Fi Fatal1ty : 27" Samsung S27B550 LED : Windows 7 Ultimate (64 Bit)
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

Well, do you have any problems in Windows? Does your PC function the way it should?
<BR>
<BR>What I am trying to say is that if everything is running fine and you have run <!-- BBCode Start --><B>3dMark2001SE</B><!-- BBCode End --> to confirm your video RAM then you shouldn´t really have any worries.
<BR>
<BR>However in your BIOS, you might want to see if the VGA boots from AGP. Also check out the following FAQ´s for Geforce cards:
<BR><!-- BBCode u2 Start --><A HREF="http://www.tweak3d.net/faq/faq.cgi" TARGET="_blank">Geforce FAQ (frequently asked questions)</A><!-- BBCode u2 End -->
Sorry, no sig yet! Nothing comes 2 mind.