PCF Kicks bottom....

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
blikkie

Post by blikkie »

OnlyOneKenobi wrote:The only catch is that you'd have to be in front of your computer anyway, to use the cheats had they been printed in the magazine. It's useless reading about PC Game cheats on your bed unless you memorise them or something.
thanks, you took the words out of my mouth.
Tamsini

Post by Tamsini »

Well regarding cheats - I may start putting these on the disc but I honestly feel that I would rather use the extra space to do more hardware and game reviews or news items than write about cheats that anyone can get off the internet.

Sorry buddies - sorry Oh Radiant Jee - but this is one thing that I am fairly determined about with my limited space :)

BTW - what do you guys think about the increased size of the mag?
Dr_Jung

Post by Dr_Jung »

Excellent, I rubbed some of that cream that the guys were talking about in the Spam thread onto it and it became a set of encyclopaedias!
Seriously though, I like it and hope that it stays!

Trust me! I am a Doctor.
jee

Post by jee »

The thing about a magazine is that you can have it on your lap when you fiddle!

O Tamsini, I would rather see more hardware reviews anyway - (and if there is some space some anime so I don't have to buy nag) :wink:
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Lex_Icon

Post by Lex_Icon »

erm......increased mag size???.......ohhhhh.....more ads than evcer b4....lol :D
I aim to please, you aim too please
Dr_Jung

Post by Dr_Jung »

Thanks to all advertisers the price of the mag stays within reasonable limits! Plus I read them! Then subconsciously I want to buy them!

Trust me! I am a Doctor.
MonicanSpy

Post by MonicanSpy »

I would like to stress Jee's point:
The thing about a magazine is that you can have it on your lap when you fiddle!
Yup. That way, you don't need to Alt + Tab between your game and the cheats to find the cheats or you don't have to write them down or print them.

Another point I would like to stress: What about people who don't have Internet Access? Have you ever thought of that? I was once there...some people can't afford lots of things...eg. internet.

Anyway, the Tips and Tactics section is a great way to reach out to non-internet users. And putting it on CD would just mean that they have to print it (requiring a printer) or write it down. So, do you see what I mean?
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Happy, get Cheatbook database and use Alt-tab, it is so much easier than finding ur PCF and then typing in cheats! U can also update the CBDB anytime you feel like!

Also maybe try not cheating in games, it makes em that much more intense and then only will you get the true realism. Using God mode and shooting up everyone while getting drilled with 500 bullets in MP2 takes away the effect, doesn't it? Try using cheats only when at a crossroad and you can't get past.

btw, thanks for the reply on this issue,nice to see an actual response with a working solution! However only time will tell! In PCF i Trust! :wink:
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Thrall
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrall »

How about "Free internet-access for all PCF-subscribers"? Get a decent ISP to sponsor it...
Be polite, professional and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

My Iraq pics
Hill

Post by Hill »

Hi Jee.

What are you fiddling with in your lap. And wouldn't a Men's Health be a better option for that purpose. :wink: :lol: 8O

Sorry but after reading yor last response on this thread I just had to say something. :oops:
Regards
Hill
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Tamsini wrote:Ok I have not ignored your comments and never will - they are valid and important! I am sorry to hear that you want to move across to NAG and I have my answers to your questions below:

1. While you may feel that PCF is mostly international content, since I took over the ratio of local to international has increased quite substantially from 80/20 to 60/40 and now that will change to 50/50 from March onwards

2. We have now increased the size of PCF permanently so that we can focus more extensively on games and reader content as well as modding and more hardcore How To's

3. The sms sarcasm has been present since day one of PCF and some people see the joke while others don't. We also answer every single technical sms personally with those who ask because that is important.

4. The reader reviews WILL be used in the magazine from now on. I have been fighting for this since I joined and now it is a part of PCF

5. I am sorry if you feel the last few PCFs have no local flavour especially since issues like the Holiday edition are only local. I am trying very hard to do as much SA stuff as possible while not damaging my international mandate. We try to use this mandate to your benefit and to give you breaking news as best we can. In fact, even ourt international copy is localised to suit your tastes and our unique SA flavour.

6. MOST IMPORTANTLY - I will always listen if you have any issues or worries. Please don't think that because I am busy or it takes ages for me to reply that I don't care. I try my best to keep you happy because without you there is no PCF. Your beliefs and this growing culture are extremely important to me and the PCF team.

I hope this helped and that you feel better about what concerned you.
Thanks for the reply that just leaves one unanwsered question. "Are you happy with your mags content"
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
jee

Post by jee »

Hill wrote:Hi Jee.

What are you fiddling with in your lap. And wouldn't a Men's Health be a better option for that purpose. :wink: :lol: 8O

Sorry but after reading yor last response on this thread I just had to say something. :oops:
Hill, Sweetie, I read Men's Health and GQ and FMH at work. I'm a boring kind of girl - the only mags that I take to bed and have in my lap to fiddle with are the pc ones (thats why i have to read so many - I get three others as well)!

Does that anwer your question?
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Hill

Post by Hill »

No answer needed or expected.
Was meant purely as a joke.
From your other post on the forum I was pretty sure you would take it as the joke it was intended to be.

Cheers

Have a nice day. Hope the guys at your work don't get you down today.
Regards
Hill