Charging problems in Windows XP

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
Jakes

Post by Jakes »

I have an Acer Travelmate 529ATX notebook that came preloaded with Windows Me. However, due to the nature of my work, I had to load Windows XP. However, after loading XP, my notebook refused to charge. After formating again and installing Win 2000 Pro this time, I had the same problem. I then installed the CD that came with the notebook and it would charge no problem with Win Me. I once again tried Win XP Pro and you guessed it: no charge! Can anybody help since even Acer hasn´t responded to my request? Thanks kindly.
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Sounds very strange, I take it that if the lap is powered down it does charge even if running XP.
freakno1

Post by freakno1 »

install win2000 and check if you can see any software installed visibile by small powerplug in bottom of screen next to clock (can´t remember name) check the device manager and look for any drivers that stand out like acpi ore any thing related to batterys and power manegement
<BR>go to their web site and see if you can get new xp drivers for your lap top model
<BR>

-Some times you have to leave your corner of the forest to meet new people Whinnie the poo