Please help, prospective systems analyst in confusion

Get help on programming - C++, Java, Delphi, etc.
lmm
Location: On Cloud nine with bright shining stars and happy smiles.

Post by lmm »

only if u can find the person :twisted:
Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love.- Erich Fromm

Lady LMM of Camelot
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

johankirsten wrote: cause you uberposters sometimes think you're a god or something, I sometimes also did it on other forums where I was well-known and respected.
I object to that:

I am no 'uberposter' - check my posts;
I'm agnostic so the god thing doesn't wash;
I sincerely doubt if I'm well-known here and if I'm respected it'll be for my timid silence. :lol:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Y0da wrote: 7. Moderators are the law. Deal with it.
:huh:

When are u mods gonna get it? You're only the law because us plebs ALLOW you to be! 8)

Viva anarchy viva! :twisted:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

AMANDLA!!!!
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

doo_much wrote:

When are u mods gonna get it? You're only the law because us plebs ALLOW you to be! 8)

When are you pleb(e)s gonna get it. We are the chosen ones, the pinnacle of our race, the embodiement of coolness, the heroes of your children and the rulers of you all. :twisted: :lol:
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
lmm
Location: On Cloud nine with bright shining stars and happy smiles.

Post by lmm »

in your dreams!!!!!!
Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love.- Erich Fromm

Lady LMM of Camelot
johankirsten

Post by johankirsten »

Y0da wrote:
doo_much wrote:

When are you pleb(e)s gonna get it. We are the chosen ones, the pinnacle of our race, the embodiement of coolness, the heroes of your children and the rulers of you all. :twisted: :lol:
No offence, then I'd rather stay a noob for the rest of my life! Anyway, I've got better things to do with my time.
johankirsten

Post by johankirsten »

Back on topic again, resources are in tact now, I need to compile everything, get a go-ahead from the rest of my group and you should expect the result with links to some great info in the next two weeks or so, just keep this thread in mind. That's if you're interested in becoming a systems/business analyst! :wink:
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Dude. Big up for taking this kind of course on. Seems like hectic work. Good luck
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

Taking something on and finishing it is two different things all together...
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
johankirsten

Post by johankirsten »

johankirsten

Post by johankirsten »

Y0da wrote:Uhm...sounds like first year stats/quantitive management. [url=http://www.****.com]This should help.[/url]
Thank you Yoda, very useful
rustypup wrote:yuo see.. i look at the OP, at how everything is given to you in plain language, so logically and neatly, and this whole thread translates to:

"me and my lot have been skiving off and not bothering to study what little information we were required to and now the heat is on and we have no clue what this is actually about.. "...

or am i so far off target i've missed the bright red barn?
rustypup wrote:
doo_much wrote:Maybe because we give them (what they see as) a hard time?
hmm..

after a while you recognise the "tells"... in this case my immediate assumptions on reading the original post:

1) Panic
2) Mom/+Dad are paying for this aborted excuse of an education, speaking from experience, when it's your schilling, you tend to actually do some work...
3) Very little effort was expended on actual thought prior to the post.. the wording made this very clear...
4) "Do my work for me" posts will never, and rightly so, warrant any form of helpful comment until such time as the OP displays a little effort.. spoon-fed is *not* educated
5) Education is a gift... this form of flippant approach to the task at hand riles me in ways i never imagined possible.. it speaks to a work ethic that will become the bane of some managers life in a few years...

ah.. .t'helwi'it... I have no problem helping those who are in a genuine jamb... I have no doubt whatsoever that the OP was a leach... and that this particular scenario was mirrored on a number of forums over the last few days.... :roll:
I think we got to a mediation over PM about this...facts weren't straight hey?
Y0da wrote:Some guidelines to make your stay a happy one.

1. You either fit in or you don't. If you're not sure about this one then you don't.

2. If you don't fit in, don't blame us. Blame yourself and maybe work at your people skills.

3. We have a relative low tolerance for stupid or obvious requests for help. Try to keep these to a minimum.

4. We have no tolerance for arrogance, especially from new members. It ends badly for you.

5. We are here to have fun and exchange knowledge, wit and sarcasm. If you're not having fun see point 1.

6. Respect other members.

7. Moderators are the law. Deal with it.

:)
I think there's alot of people on these forums that should revise this...
Y0da wrote:
doo_much wrote:

I almost fell off my chair when I read this a few months back, it was sad, yet damn funny...
maxxis wrote:Dude. Big up for taking this kind of course on. Seems like hectic work. Good luck
Thanx...
Y0da wrote:Taking something on and finishing it is two different things all together...
Again, you're just insinuating I'm a lazy idiot...

For everybody elses input on this, Sojourn, lmm in particular, thank you...

Anyway, people, cause off all the childishness, and mainly of all the crap that happened in the forums last night, I'm calling it quits...going over to www.systemshock.co.za

Cheers