car help

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
jee

car help

Post by jee »

Guys, I need some help of another nature!

My reverse gear has packed up and they are quoting me about R3700 to take out the gearbox and fix it - but I will be without a car until after Christmas.

Or they can replace it with a "service exchange gearbox" for approx R6000. Is that not an old gearbox? And what sort of price do I look at in replacing it with new?
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.

Post by default »

Hey

Do yourself a favour
if you need car info go to the www.cartoday.com forum. ( its the forum for the CAR Magazine here in SA)

There are hundreds of helpful people there who can point you in the right direction. and will also beable to help out depending on where you are in the country.
Tex was taken so Default it is....
Dragoneyes

Post by Dragoneyes »

Jee new gearboxes are VERY expensive well to be honest on my old golf VW quoted me something like R 15 000 for a new one, I couldn't believe it 8O 8O

best is to look in the Junkmail or get a reconditioned box is going to be much cheaper :D
- ASUS M2N-SLi Deluxe
- AMD64 6000+ @ 3.01Ghz
- Gainward 8800GTS 320
- Gigabyte 7300GS
- 4x 1gig DDR2 800
- CoolerMaster Extreme Power 650W
- Samsung 2232GW, Acer AL1951, Packard Bell LCD 17"
jee

Post by jee »

Thanks guys. I took it to Gearbox Centre - they told me it was just a 'gear bush' and R250 later my little car was fixed! Just prove my opinion always con an expert into doing for you what you can't do yourself!
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.