MXit

Get help on databases - MySQL, Oracle, Access, etc.
Ark
Processor: E4400
Graphics card: 8800GTX
Memory: 4GB DDR2

MXit

Post by Ark »

MXit is a sweet program for your GPRS enabled phone. You just go to http://www.mxit.co.za/wap and download the program. Once it is installed, you just sign up, log in and add your contacts. It works the same as msn and you can add all your msn contacts, yahoo contact, mxit contacts and contacts from other places bottom well. This is not an sms program, but a conversation program. Just like skype. It is really usefull when you want to cut back on your sms expenses. I've tried and tested this program. It works :D . They say it comes up to about 2 cents per message.

Oh, and one more thing: If you haven't downloaded TM Nations ESWC from here yet, you are lame.
16-bit Corpse
Spoiler: (show)
I like scrota.
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

Mxit crashes a lot, still very unstable. It also has the tendency to erase your service centre number if you are using a samsung d500.

otherwise it's pretty shweet.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

MXit is rubbish.
I have emailed them months ago time and time again asking why they don't have one for the Siemens SX1 (a popular phone) and they don't reply.

I managed to get the Nokia 7650 version to work on my phone, but then MXit had problems with accessing Hotmail accounts (in general) so I uninstalled. Now that I try install it again, it doesn't work, so obviously they have messed up the code.

Oh, and people complain about problems accessing MXit all the time. Its rubbbish.

I use emessenger. It works better, and it works like a webpage, so you don't need to install any suspect program.
SHL3B1B
Permanently Banned

Post by SHL3B1B »

or u could just log into www.twilightwap.com unlike mxit the messages u send to each other are FREE! with mxit u stil pay per message.
Ark
Processor: E4400
Graphics card: 8800GTX
Memory: 4GB DDR2

Post by Ark »

rabb1 wrote:or u could just log into www.twilightwap.com unlike mxit the messages u send to each other are FREE! with mxit u stil pay per message.
Erm, that is for the GPRS charges, fool. The program is completely FREE.
16-bit Corpse
Spoiler: (show)
I like scrota.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

rabb1 wrote:or u could just log into www.twilightwap.com unlike mxit the messages u send to each other are FREE! with mxit u stil pay per message.

I didn't know that! Thanks for letting me know.... Damn MXit is even more rubbish now...
Last edited by Zell on 02 Feb 2006, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
SHL3B1B
Permanently Banned

Post by SHL3B1B »

Arkonin wrote:
then y does the website say this....
And best of all, to send a message costs you less than 2 cents per message. (That is 2 South African cents and is billed by your service provider and added to your GPRS data cost)

Having fun editting zell? :lol:
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

i chat an entire evening and it costs 6c. they charge you to chat in public chatrooms. You have to pay R2 for 100 messages, that's 2c.

otherwise if you are just looking to chat to friends in your personal contact list it's free.
SHL3B1B
Permanently Banned

Post by SHL3B1B »

www.twilightwap.com is free... (u just pay the gprs costs) and u can log on their from ur computer... u can private chat, pm and go to chat rooms. My friend who has vodafone live and i (who has adsl...) go their... its free for us..ALOT cheaper than smsing.. :lol:
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

SHL3B1B wrote:
Arkonin wrote:
then y does the website say this....
And best of all, to send a message costs you less than 2 cents per message. (That is 2 South African cents and is billed by your service provider and added to your GPRS data cost)
Dude, come on. That's the GPRS costs. How the hell can a program on your phone charge you 2 cents per message? What you're thinking of is the extras the you can get with MXit; extra services like weather, jokes, etc. That costs Moola, and to get more Moola, you have to send an SMS that costs R5 to a certain number, which will recharge you with 500 Moola. But messaging is completely free. And it's a hell of a lot better than any other service I've ever seen.
SHL3B1B wrote:www.twilightwap.com is free... (u just pay the gprs costs) and u can log on their from ur computer... u can private chat, pm and go to chat rooms. My friend who has vodafone live and i (who has adsl...) go their... its free for us..ALOT cheaper than smsing.. :lol:
ProDigits is nice for meeting other people, but my oh my, do they have problems with their servers. Their downtime is about 20 minutes every day, but not in one go! They have a few minutes downtime every few hours, and it can get so damn annoying! They keep saying that they will upgrade their servers, but about 5 "upgrades" later, and there's still a lot of problems. But it is a very nice community.
Futs

Post by Futs »

Try mig33 works way better and has chat rooms ;P
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

must you first download an app for it?
Disrupter

Post by Disrupter »

jip mig33 is much better

www.mig33.com
Imageoempie.png[/img][/url]
Master-K

Post by Master-K »

Migg 33 sucks you have to update it the whole time and it goes offline the whole time. Its not reliable.
Black-Ice

Post by Black-Ice »

Mxit is cool and all but I'm looking for a program/application to replace it on my phone. Mxit uses jabber to send messages from one phone to another. You can download various jabber IM's on your PC and chat to people using mxit. What I'm looking for is a jabber IM for my phone. Anybody know where I can get one?????

-The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
-Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire

KITTEN HUFFING <- Clicky :lol:
GOVERNMENT WARNING: According to the Surgeon General, the use of kitten huffing impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

I prefer Mig33 to mxit! Also Prodigits is a COOL WAP site, also it doesnt have problems with their services really! Every now and then, but remember how many features they have on there and how many people are online at once? My user name on prodigits is dvd8 and my username on mig33 is p.clove

They are both nice, I mainly use mig33 for sending free sms's!
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Rish_zn

Post by Rish_zn »

Mxit now is crap with all these new users, servers cant take the load anymore, I get frustrated trying to log in nowadays. These friggin newbies.
Also vodacom seems to giving alot of problems. Mtn seems to have a more solid gprs connection on mxit.
Black-Ice

Post by Black-Ice »

Black-Ice wrote:Mxit is cool and all but I'm looking for a program/application to replace it on my phone. Mxit uses jabber to send messages from one phone to another. You can download various jabber IM's on your PC and chat to people using mxit. What I'm looking for is a jabber IM for my phone. Anybody know where I can get one?????
Rish_zn wrote:Mxit now is crap with all these new users, servers cant take the load anymore, I get frustrated trying to log in nowadays. These friggin newbies.
Also vodacom seems to giving alot of problems. Mtn seems to have a more solid gprs connection on mxit.
Thats why I'm looking for a Jabber IM for my phone. It would solve alot of the logging in problems etc...

GOVERNMENT WARNING: According to the Surgeon General, the use of kitten huffing impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Isnt jabber mIRC on mobile?
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Futs

Post by Futs »

for IRC connection I'm using Jmirc pretty hassle free from what I've seen of it.
Black-Ice

Post by Black-Ice »

PsyCLown wrote:Isnt jabber mIRC on mobile?
No... Jabber is something similar to MSN
Futs wrote:for IRC connection I'm using Jmirc pretty hassle free from what I've seen of it.
Yip, jmirc is cool for connecting to IRC.

ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Rish_zn wrote:Mxit now is crap with all these new users, servers cant take the load anymore, I get frustrated trying to log in nowadays. These friggin newbies.
Hmmm I'm lucky, I have Vodacom and have been using mxit the past few days with not one hassle...
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

CellC isnt too high quality on GPRS connections.

I have endless grief in that department. MTN however seem to have themselves neatly sorted as I have never experienced or seen much problems with MTN and GPRS...

MxIT is nice, but the biggest problem comes in when they dont have space for users :?

That and the fact that I never get notified or ever receive my offline messages :?

O well... Still cheaper than a sms...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Black-Ice wrote:
PsyCLown wrote:Isnt jabber mIRC on mobile?
No... Jabber is something similar to MSN
Futs wrote:for IRC connection I'm using Jmirc pretty hassle free from what I've seen of it.
Yip, jmirc is cool for connecting to IRC.
Oops, my bad...lol

Spoiler (show)