Oblivion Patch - New content Soon

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Azriel

Oblivion Patch - New content Soon

Post by Azriel »

Megagames writes:

"Bethesda have announced plans to release a beta version of an Oblivion patch soon and the Orrery part of their new downloadable content next week for 150pts on Xbox and USD 1.89 on the PC.

According to a Bethesda Game Studios employee on the official Oblivion forums Bethesda is hard at work on the first Oblivion patch both for PC and XBox and plans to release a beta version pretty soon. It is our plan to first release it as a beta patch for the PC when it has cleared our initial testing cycles internally. Since it’s a beta patch you should be aware that issues may come up that we haven’t found yet and we strongly recommend you backup save games and understand it may be necessary to reinstall the game when the final patch comes out. said the Bethesda man, using the name Pete on the forums.

As far as the content is concerned, Pete gives us the full details:
We have been working on downloadable content since we finished the game in February, and we continue to feel this is a great avenue for us to continue to add to the Oblivion experience.

We have already announced two of them:

The Orrery
The Orrery allows you to help the Mages Guild of Cyrodiil repair the Imperial Orrery, an ancient dwarven machine with mystical properties. Bandits have stolen a shipment of parts destined for the Arcane University; if you can return them, the Orrery will function once more.

Features

* A new, full-featured quest, including dialogue, journals, and rewards
* Access to the Imperial Orrery in the Arcane University, an incredible mechanical marvel
* New powers available for your character based on the phases of the moons

The Wizards Tower
Located high in the Jeral Mountains of Cyrodiil away from prying eyes, this Wizard's Tower, Frostcrag Spire, will become available. Packed with numerous useful enhancements, this structure will prove invaluable to magic-oriented characters.

Features:

- A fully detailed tower for you to explore
- A breathtaking view of Cyrodiil from the highest point in the land
- Simple furnishings including a bed for leveling up
- An indoor botanical garden with over 130 specimens... including Oblivion-native herbs!
- Summon Atronach Familiars that obey your commands
- Instant teleports to every Mages Guild in Cyrodiil
- New Spell and Recharge vendor in the Imperial City
- Fully upgrade the furnishings in your lair to suit your needs
- Upgrade to a fully functional Enchanting and Spellmaking station with no need to join Mages Guild
- Upgrade to a laboratory that buffs your Alchemy skill

We hope to have The Orrery available for purchase next week. This plugin will cost 150pts on Xbox, and USD 1.89 on the PC. The Horse Armor Pack has been very popular, and exceeded what we thought it would sell. Despite that, we’re still trying to find the right spot, so we’re putting a much larger plugin out for less than the last one and we'll see what happens. Your feedback as we move forward in this is invaluable. Tell us what you want to see, how much of it, and what it might be worth to you. No, don’t say you want it free, because these plugins take a surprising amount of time to create, polish, and test (much more then Morrowind's).
"

Check Megagames' Article here

Image Image
Maybe this world is another planet's hell!
ADSL Petition
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

Hmm...looks like they plan on turning Oblivion into a huge cash cow. :(
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
style121

Post by style121 »

Y0da wrote:Hmm...looks like they plan on turning Oblivion into a huge cash cow. :(

Too late, they've done it already
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Seems the official plugins will cost $1.99 per download - read that off the link one you of you guys posted on the other Oblivion thread.
It's not to serious tho.
All essential patches will free and you will be able to finish Oblivion with what you bought orginally. The pay-plugins are just nice treats if you can afford them. Not essential to the main story but cool if you really want em.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
Evade

Post by Evade »

yip u said it, a cash cow!
o well, i'll stick 2 the original version 4 awhile
walk the dark path, sleep with angels

-assassin of the pride-
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

So we now pay to become Beta testers? WTF? The beta should be free, I wouldn't mind paying for the "final release" additional content. If you buy the beta stuff do you still need to buy the final release? Wouldn't be surprised.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Maplassie_GTR

Post by Maplassie_GTR »

Rather Disapointing of them to do so.Milking it for all its worth....

I wont be downloading/buying those plugins anyway.

I am allready making my own ones......
Evade

Post by Evade »

making ur own.... tell more....plz
walk the dark path, sleep with angels

-assassin of the pride-
Maplassie_GTR

Post by Maplassie_GTR »

I have been an Elder Scrolls fan since Daggerfall.

I have Vast quantities of My own Morrowind mods, Including entire Towns, Weapons, Spells and such.

Busy working on some stuff in Oblivion but the Elderscrolls Contruction SET is a bit screwy this time round.lost of additions, and works a bit differently.AS soon as I have anything worth mentioning, you will be the first to know! :)
Ethereal

Post by Ethereal »

nething bout multiplayer patch yet
WORSHIP YOUR cheese.....AND EAT YOUR CHICKEN.....join the darkside and get a free coookie
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

Are they planning to release a multiplayer patch? I don't think so... Would be really cool if they did.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

Hey maplassie, I need your help. Since you know so much about Morrowind. I just got Morrowind III, The elder Scrolls, but when I try to start it up, it says that the MW_LOGO.BIK cannot be found on the cd, yet it is on the cd. Any ideas?
I want something good to die for, to make it beautifull to live - Queens of the Stone Age-Go with the flow
Macphisto
Permanently Banned

Post by Macphisto »

Those plug-ins are childish. I mean you really have to be a fool to spend money on crap like that... seriously... its just a game...
"He's got a big gold ring which says Jesus Saves
and it's dented from the punch thrown at work that day"