Oblivion thread (No spoilers)

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

Follow the link. US$899.00
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

$900 with a res of 800x600. Uses twin OLED displays, 1600x800 internal resolution of the graphics card will be used, which means that they will need the same power to run 800x600 as what 1280x1024 would take on an LCD. Available from 1 June 06. I forsee the guys with bling (you know who you are) buying this thing. I will wait at least a year. This is probably the first viable 3D headset, possible because of OLED tech.
What else...?
Thread jacker! :)
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
ynoz

Post by ynoz »

Okay anyway for the guy that said that he has problem leveling up please tell me what class is you character......
ynoz

Post by ynoz »

Hey guys I would like to know if you have done the arena guild...and
if
Spoiler
There is a specific way to kill the 3 argonian prisoners that you fight in th arena because I am almost level 17 and I still cant kill them they suround me and cap my bottom......thx
Ethereal

Post by Ethereal »

is there a multiplayer patch out yet
WORSHIP YOUR cheese.....AND EAT YOUR CHICKEN.....join the darkside and get a free coookie
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

What about SLi and Oblivion. Im running 1280x1024 everything on max.

Just a question when I turn on AA it turns of HDR. Huh?
Trance101

Post by Trance101 »

You cannot run HDR and AA at the same time in this game. You have to choose one or the other. Personaly i'd choose HDR coz it makes the bigger visual difference IMO.

I think that only the x1900's support AA and HDR atm and i think there is some kind of work around to get AA and HDR at the same time for them. But as u've got an sli setup this won't be of much help for you :)
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
XFX GeForce 7900 GT 256 MB
1024 MB ram
ynoz

Post by ynoz »

Trance101 wrote:You cannot run HDR and AA at the same time in this game. You have to choose one or the other. Personaly i'd choose HDR coz it makes the bigger visual difference IMO.

I think that only the x1900's support AA and HDR atm and i think there is some kind of work around to get AA and HDR at the same time for them. But as u've got an sli setup this won't be of much help for you :)
Yes you can by using the tweak guides updated catalyst drivers
It works wonders...
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Ill just run at 1600x1200 and see how that works.

Thanks. Im sticking to HDR. Soooo pretty.
ynoz

Post by ynoz »

I have got a question with
Spoiler
With the Umbra sword and armor you get when you kill umbra.....how strong is that sword and is it really worth the trouble of killing her?

Ohh I got a horse for completing a mission but I lost it is there a way to get it again or do I have to buy a new one

Character update
Level 18 War Mage vampire I am part of the fighters guild, thieves guild, Black hand....master sneak, Journeyman heavy armor, apprentace block, Journeyman blade, Apprentace Merchantile, Apprentace restoration magic and destruction magic.

Another question how does the extra magica work when you level up and where can I buy cool destruction magic spells and restoration magic spells.

Thx
:twisted:
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

ynoz - if i could help i would, but i'm a level 3 weed :)

Spoiler discussion:
It's strange you mention Umbra because in Morrowind you kill the orc and take the sword and yet now it seems you do the same in Oblivion? Thats kind of weird i think.

As for best places to buy cool destruction spells, the Arcane Uni is the best place i've been to with mages who are willing to sell big hitting spells - pity i can't afford them - or have the magika to actually cast them.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
Trance101

Post by Trance101 »

ynoz wrote:Another question how does the extra magica work when you level up and where can I buy cool destruction magic spells and restoration magic spells.
Well Skingrad has the Dectruction magic Guild but i'm not sure which one is the restoration magic one. (I have my house in Skingrad :))

Magika is worked out according to your intelligence but how fast it regenerates is affected by your willpower. I'm not sure on the exact workings tho.
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
XFX GeForce 7900 GT 256 MB
1024 MB ram
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Small update regarding the 80.25 drivers. THEY ROCK.

Im running 1600x1200 with everything on and its sooo smooth,

For anybody running SLi you have to run this driver
Macphisto
Permanently Banned

Post by Macphisto »

maxxis wrote:Small update regarding the 80.25 drivers. THEY ROCK.

Im running 1600x1200 with everything on and its sooo smooth,

For anybody running SLi you have to run this driver
lucky beeyotch
"He's got a big gold ring which says Jesus Saves
and it's dented from the punch thrown at work that day"
ynoz

Post by ynoz »

lol
*off topic*
Is there any special tools that you need when you use the tweak guides for Oblivion?
ynoz

Post by ynoz »

Trance101 wrote: Well Skingrad has the Dectruction magic Guild but i'm not sure which one is the restoration magic one. (I have my house in Skingrad :))

Magika is worked out according to your intelligence but how fast it regenerates is affected by your willpower. I'm not sure on the exact workings tho.
Thanks If I find the Restoration on I will let you know.....
btw I have the crappy house in the imperial city... 8O
AssHat

Post by AssHat »

I have the crappy shack in the Imperial City and a Mansion in Anvil...the Anvil house freaks me out though.
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
ynoz

Post by ynoz »

AssHat wrote:I have the crappy shack in the Imperial City and a Mansion in Anvil...the Anvil house freaks me out though.
spoiler
Yeah did you complete the quest or do the ghosts still appear at random???

Anyway I havent got enough magic to get cool spells that sucks.... :x
Azriel

Post by Azriel »

Well, once you lift the curse on that house in Anvil, it's quite nice, and it's pretty cheap too!

...that wasn't a spoiler hey?
Maybe this world is another planet's hell!
ADSL Petition
AssHat

Post by AssHat »

nah, the ghosts are gone and eventually evil dude's carcass disappears too...but the basement still freaks me out.

SO MUCH stacking space though!!! love it.
ynoz

Post by ynoz »

Yeah but I need help with the dude because everytime I try to kill the dude I get my bottom capped...
AssHat

Post by AssHat »

ynoz wrote:Yeah but I need help with the dude because everytime I try to kill the dude I get my bottom capped...
Heck, I just swallowed a bunch of potions, did some spells to protect myself and flew into him with a sword...he was so much easier than the ghosts themselves...strange. Hm...I had trouble with the ghosts because I didn't have the right weapons, they didn't do much damage to me but it took forever to kill them with the pathetic fireball spell i had. Do you have any protective magic?
Cloud

Post by Cloud »

*edit

Oops!
Last edited by Cloud on 16 Apr 2006, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

AssHat

Post by AssHat »

Hm, what quest is this ?
Azriel

Post by Azriel »

AssHat wrote:
ynoz wrote:Yeah but I need help with the dude because everytime I try to kill the dude I get my bottom capped...
Heck, I just swallowed a bunch of potions, did some spells to protect myself and flew into him with a sword...he was so much easier than the ghosts themselves...strange. Hm...I had trouble with the ghosts because I didn't have the right weapons, they didn't do much damage to me but it took forever to kill them with the pathetic fireball spell i had. Do you have any protective magic?
Ya, you need a silver or daedric or some other type of weapon for them!

Btw, can anyone tell me where to find the Armory of the Imperial Legion Compound?

Or just the Imperial Legion Compound for that matter!
AssHat wrote:Hm, what quest is this ?
When you finish the game, they make you err something and I need to go fetch it there, anyone know where it is?
Maybe this world is another planet's hell!
ADSL Petition