Oblivion thread (No spoilers)

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Sojourn wrote:
RuadRauFlessa wrote:Hey don't joke I almost baut it yesterday.
[petty]

LOL @ baut

[/petty]

Its spelled bought, my mate !! :)
You can be happy kronos didnt see this - he would have had you for dinner. :) :P

s
Whatever.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

DEeRaY wrote:
maplassie1 wrote:
Ethereal wrote:wen i start playing oblivion it ran fine :lol: .... no lag wen i got outside ...no lag :D
wen it starts to RAIN!!!!!!......OMG the lag 8O

and then wen i quit ... pc bombs!!! :(

ASketh, and thou shalt be rewarded.

Have a Printer? Click here and print the pages. For ppl with slower rigs, some of these tweaks really help, specially the preloadsizes and the Draw frames ahead tweaks.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_1.html
Even though i have a pretty decent rig, this game still crushes my pc...
These tweaks helped me TONS, i can now play in 1280x1024 everything on high and im trying with 4xAA and sofar no issues... but this wasnt possible without these tweaks

Is it just my imagination or does it seem that Oblivion has a memory leak of some sort... im just saying this cause after about 1-2 Hours of play i have to quit to get it back upto speed.. In a section where i was getting 40 Fps i get 8-10 fps.. then i quit and load it up again and everything is fine :|

Viva 1st patch!!!!!
Yip, definite memory leak! Try running a memory program that logs your RAM useage, and let it run for a few hours while playing Oblivion! Shock and horror: from using about 600Mb of RAM in the beginning, to having eaten all 1.3Gb of RAM after about 4 hours is not nice.

I've just reached level 12, and I've gotten into the arcane university already. Small irritation though, advancing in both the thieves guild and the Dark Brotherhood simultaneously is not possible. Unless you plan on paying hectic fines to the thieves guild for every murder you commit in the Dark Brotherhood.

Question: what other guilds are there? I only know of fighers, mages, and thieves, guilds. *possible spoiler*: I've found some other little 3-man organisation committed to rooting out all known vampires, but haven't done any of the missions yet. Anyone know of any other guilds?
ynoz

Post by ynoz »

I've found some other little 3-man organisation committed to rooting out all known vampires, but haven't done any of the missions yet. Anyone know of any other guilds?

Dude
Spoiler
It is just one mission......order of the virtious blood right?

anyway it is possibale to advance in the Dark brotherhood and thieves guild read the thief guild rules more carefully.....
Beastmunky

Post by Beastmunky »

How well will an ATI x800 xt platinum run oblivion?
Cause at the moment oblivion is killing my pc! :cry:
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

What are you running at the moment
ynoz

Post by ynoz »

yeah what is the rest of your system spec
Beastmunky

Post by Beastmunky »

A gainward fx5900 128
Amd 64 3000+
And a gig ram
ynoz

Post by ynoz »

the reason being asked is that a collegue of mine has a x800 and he is running it on full no lag gig ram and p4 3.2 ghz lga 775

but you sys now should be able to handle it well just check the tweaks on the one of the previous pages.....
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

ynoz wrote:
I've found some other little 3-man organisation committed to rooting out all known vampires, but haven't done any of the missions yet. Anyone know of any other guilds?

Dude
Spoiler
It is just one mission......order of the virtious blood right?

anyway it is possibale to advance in the Dark brotherhood and thieves guild read the thief guild rules more carefully.....
Yip, thats the one. Oh, ok. LoL - well I havent started playing it yet, so I wouldnt know. Just thought it might be another guild. Like a Vampire Slaying Guild or something.
Beastmunky wrote:How well will an ATI x800 xt platinum run oblivion?
Cause at the moment oblivion is killing my pc! :cry:
Well I'm running an X800 GTO, and I after applying some of those tweaks, I get very decent framerates. You should definitely be getting 20fps and above on everything set either to medium to high. But dont even try turning on the Anti-Aliasing. It'll definitely bring your framerate down drastically.
Beastmunky

Post by Beastmunky »

Cool thanks :D
ynoz

Post by ynoz »

pleasure anyway I just did the first guild quest for the fighters guild...to increase my fighting skills.....but it sucks.....
AssHat

Post by AssHat »

Oh there is another guild, I think they compete with the Fighter's Guild, forgot what their name is. I read it in one of those newspapers in the game...

Hey did you guys notice how the newspaper brings out new articles every now and then? cool. (that's the in-game newspaper, that is.)
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
ynoz

Post by ynoz »

AssHat wrote:Oh there is another guild, I think they compete with the Fighter's Guild, forgot what their name is. I read it in one of those newspapers in the game...

Hey did you guys notice how the newspaper brings out new articles every now and then? cool. (that's the in-game newspaper, that is.)
I know I think I walked into their umm base thingy in leyawin....
Ethereal

Post by Ethereal »

hi all

i love this game it so addictive

:p
WORSHIP YOUR cheese.....AND EAT YOUR CHICKEN.....join the darkside and get a free coookie
Evade

Post by Evade »

i've been doing missions like mad 4 the dark brotherhood, but im not getting levels... im lvl6/7 (not sure) i do alot of sneaking,lock picking and running, to increase my main skillz (agility & speed)
but in the last 7+ hrs of game play i gained 1 or 2 lvls only... why? im assassin lvl in darbrother hood & i only joined them at lvl4/5 ?????
HELP
walk the dark path, sleep with angels

-assassin of the pride-
Maplassie_GTR

Post by Maplassie_GTR »

DUde, Chec kall your main SKillz. THose are the skillz that need to be practised in order to advance in levels. Check you list, and do those things more. If you snaek all the time, then your sneak skillz go up quite fast. remember, your skillz go up, the more you use them. Also Find out where all the trainers are, they can train you up to 5 points at a time, given you have the money.
Evade

Post by Evade »

trainers????
where?

-assassin of the pride-
Evade

Post by Evade »

oh, and shot
/double post i no/

-assassin of the pride-
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

Have you guys noticed that when you level you can increase some attributes +5 and others +2?

Spoiler:

It depends on which skills you increase between levelling. If you train the skill too much from trainers instead of using it, you will only level +2 on its governing attribute.
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Maplassie_GTR

Post by Maplassie_GTR »

Yeah, I noticed that.

@ Evade. Check the blacksmiths. The one in Chaendahl (spelling) gives armoror training I think.

Fightersguild peeps give weapon training, and so forth. just check the shop keepers, look for an Icon at the bottom, that looks like a person meditating, if you see that Icon, that person can train you in something
Evade

Post by Evade »

shot, seen ppl who train u in spells, armour but not main atributes

-assassin of the pride-
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

I think we need one of these. Imagine...
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
Evade

Post by Evade »

u where reffering 2 the VR....?

-assassin of the pride-
Hex_Rated

Post by Hex_Rated »

Where can I get them? How much?
DFI LanParty X48 LT-2TR
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz
Dell 24" 2408WFP | Phillips 37" 1080p
Sapphire HD4870 X2 2GB
4GB Corsair DDR-2 1066 | Thermalrite 120 Ultra Extreme | G9 Mouse | G15 Keyboard
Vista Ultimate x64
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

What else...?;)
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.