Moving sig things

Show off your design skills or get some advice from the pros.
cOokie_mOnster

Moving sig things

Post by cOokie_mOnster »

Please can somebody tell me how u make those moving pictures, like in Knuckles' avatar.
jee

Post by jee »

You are talking about the animations? Hmm pm Rid - he seems to be an expert - or Narkath - there is a little programme called gimp that you use. Just remember if you make yourself an animated sig the posting guidelines... and it should not be heavier than 20 kb :D
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

Movies 13 and Microsoft GIF Animator are both free animation programs. You make the animations by creating still frames and then stringing them together in in of these programs. But like jee said, watch out with anims; they can get pretty big i.e. above 20kb restriction.

EDit: tip:
Sticking to 256 or 16 colors can reduce size.
Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

I use Animation Shop 3...My sig is 127 colours and consists of 3 frames!
Oh, and in case you didn't know, I'm not an expert with this animation stuff at all! And i have created knuckles sig and AV for him too!

If you're thinking of making your own, stay within 20Kb's otherwise Jee's not gonna be happy at all! She has warned me countless amounts of times about my sig sizes!

Look at who's a cookie monster now!!!

Narkath

Post by Narkath »

And if it's black and white, it will be even smaller. LOL

BTW, blending two 256 or lower color range colors (pixel next to pixel) can make it seem as if you are using an inbetween color.
cOokie_mOnster

Post by cOokie_mOnster »

Thanx RID1 thats awesome.

Dont worry JEE im not using this for my sig, its for a project i need to do.

Will try find those programs thanx nark and RID.
Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

Aniamtion Shop 3 comes bundled with paint Shop Pro 7! A newer version may be available..

ANd just to let you know also! somethign weird! The new animated cooki monster sig is smaller in KB's than the original one!
cOokie_mOnster

Post by cOokie_mOnster »

Thanx, i got paint shop 9.

As you can see on my sig. Im still a bit ***** at using the animation tool, but i'll get better.
Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

that is actually called your AVATAR or AV...sorry for being so technical, its just friday the 13th thats all!

PS...What version of Animation Shop comes with paint Shop Pro 9? Just so i know whether to think about an upgrade?
cOokie_mOnster

Post by cOokie_mOnster »

RiD1 wrote:that is actually called your AVATAR or AV...sorry for being so technical, its just friday the 13th thats all!

PS...What version of Animation Shop comes with paint Shop Pro 9? Just so i know whether to think about an upgrade?
Animation shop 3