LinuxFormat for SA

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
Kiran

LinuxFormat for SA

Post by Kiran »

Hey guys,

<rant>

I went into my local CNA today and I was surprised to see a LinuxFormat magazine! I grabbed it immediately (the staff must have thought I'd take it and run :oops: ) only to realise it was a UK version! :evil:

Is there any chance of an SA version? The UK version costs
R150 cos it's imported. It's basically the same as PCF with cover dvd except it's for Linux. I know the SA version will probably be a UK version regurgatated, but that's OK so long as the price drops to the PCF-SA price.

I know PCF-SA has been trying to appease the local Linux market but their and Net+ attempts are best described as feeble. :x

What with a lack of knowledge that even a "beginner" like I am appalled at, I'd much rather have the UK version regurgatated than no version at all.

I didn't buy the UK version because of said price, however I was pleased by what I saw. And I'm sure the dvd was chock-ful of linux apps in repository format! Not just .rpms like in PCF-SA. :roll:

Don't these people realise that this is'nt
deepest darkest Africa? Don't they realise that there are many of us who'd pay good money for LinuxFormat-SA?

</rant>

What do you guys think?
What is this "Microsoft" that you speak of? Washing powder? Coffee? Correction fluid? I can't figure it out. Anyone else know?
iREADyourEMAIL

Post by iREADyourEMAIL »

never heard of this..................please one of you rich people sponsor pcformat to make one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

On of the major problems with doing something like this is cost. Finding advertisers is a bit of a problem and if we dont have advertisers then we will have to charge a fortune for the magazine.
Azriel

Post by Azriel »

I got the December issue, I must say, it's actually really cool! I would definitely buy it!

Besides for adverts that are specificly meant for the windows platform, can't you get the same adverts? i.e. Hardware, internet access adds, some games like UT2004 & NWN (basically the Atari ones), stuff like that? Maybe Novell would be so kind as to sponser.... anyone know someone at Novell?
Maybe this world is another planet's hell!
ADSL Petition
Oj

Post by Oj »

I vote YES PLEASE
<b>Proud Knight of the Round Table</b>