Project: Epiphany 100% Complete (bad update)

Post logs of your latest creation in here.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Yeah, please start your own threads guys, seriously! :wink:
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
muffinman

Post by muffinman »

When do we see pics???

can't wait to see your end product!
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Well i'm not doing anything ATM because i'm waiting for all my hardware to arrive. The two video cards should arrive tomorrow or wednesday, the CPU and hard disks are arriving tonight. I'm waiting for carly to find out the Mushkin RAM. Sorry muffinman. :(
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Okay, my CPU just arrived. Thanks Futs!!!!

Man, this thing's HSF is insane, it sports heatpipes and all.

Carly was meant to bring my HDDs tonight be he just never pitched. *AHEM*

Just waiting for the Video cards, i payed for them today, i'll have them on wednesday or thursday.
Futs

Post by Futs »

hehe see you couldn't wait :P
MrBean

Post by MrBean »

Nice chip ;)
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

thanks beanie. Did you get my PM about the HDD cage?
naughty

Post by naughty »

just remember to keep a record of the stepping ie all the info written on the heatspreader since it could play a role in helping you about overclocking questions

your setup seems to be also shaping up quite nicely here dae - hope you get to enjoy it as much as i am enjoying mine

that cpu with your pair of 7800gt's in sli should be giving you an awesome setup for much less than what i have spent and all with similiar performance that i get
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

@naughty.

Really? Will my machine perform similarly to yours? How do i know what means what on the heatspreader? I've seen i guid to that somewhere but i can't remember where.
naughty

Post by naughty »

will try and find a guide thats relevant to the newer cpu's and will post later

and yes the cpus will perform similiarly since in 3dmark05 you only get around 80 points extra per 100mhz which isnt much at all - and if you overclock to 2.6ghz then you will get identical performance to my cpu overclocked to 2.6 since theres no diff in the architecture

there will be a small difference in gpu performance - but that wont be really as large as yo would think since most games would play far higher than 60 frames per second and you wont notice any diff after that - only doom3 is capped at 60fps and FEAR will bring both our systems down to their knees - but most other games should play very similiarly ie it wont be a noticeable diff to your eyes

only thing about having the higher spec system is the bragging rights thus im sure you will have a totally awesome experience on our setup - and even though it wont be identical it will be "seem" similiar - cos just by looking at the graphics and playing games you wont notice the difference

forgot to add that the only timethat the better cards like mine will flex some muscle is when you play with ultra high detail ie high levels of AA and AF enabled - then it starts to make a bit of a diff - but still not so noticeable to the naked eye in terms of speed
Last edited by naughty on 30 Jan 2006, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Cool. That's good to know. Great. Please give me that link as soon as you find it.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Okay, i just set up the machine, but only as far as i could go. Man, it looks haggard. Pink cables all over the place. I can't imagine having a clear case like this without modding it.

Here's a shot:

It's haggard huh?
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

That case of yours is pretty awsome! :wink:
AMD FX 8120 @4.7Ghz |Antec Kuhler 920 |ASUS Sabertooth 990fx| 16Gb DDR3 1866 Vengeance|GTX 460 1gb |OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (OS) + HyperX 240Gb (Games)|2tb+320gb+250gb(x3)+160gb hdds| CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w| Aerocool Strike X ST| Dell 23" LED LCD |Windows 8 Pro x64
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Awesome? I think it looks Disgusting. But i think it'll look pretty good once i'm done modding it.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Yeah I also don't like just a clear case without it being modded like the direction you're heading... To me just a clear case looks very untidy and the word, unfinished, seems appropriate yeah?

But from what I've seen in this thread so far with regards to the level of detail and effort of work you put in, the finished product is gonna be awesome!
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Thanks Ryan, i'm planning on putting as much effort as i can in this mod. Attention to detail is often something that is left out of a mod, which is what i want, i want people to say, "Wow, you modded THAT even though not many people will see it!"

I'm planning on working as hard as possible, but i honestly can't see this mod being finished before Q3.

As i've said, keep your eyes open on this thread, the REAL modding is gonna start soon.
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote: I'm planning on working as hard as possible, but i honestly can't see this mod being finished before Q3.
I can see the News paper headlines already:" Young man worked to death, Strangled by pink cable shroud..."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You'll probably finish your mod before I do, I don't get time to work on mine.

BTW Congrats on 1000 posts :!:
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Samaya: and you'll propably finish your mod before I do mine :lol: But that does not bother me cuz it is waaaaay unique and no one can take that away.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Oh wow!! 1000 Posts!! cool!! Man, i feel almost like a spammer, i've only been part of the forums for about 2 months!!

Okay, just got a call from the courier, my video cards will be here before 10am, YAY!!! I'll post pics as soon as i have everything up and running.

One question, is i safe to jump straight into benchmarks? Or do i need to "burn-in" the CPU?
Futs

Post by Futs »

It's aint gonne matter either way, thing is just to see what temperatures the cpu is gonne reach it would be better to do a burn in first.

If you decide on benching just monitor it constantly, aint no point in benching when cpu don't perform at peak.

EDIT: Can't wait to see those cards ;)
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Well, all i can say is...YAY!!!!

My cards arrived at 9:50am.

I ran to my work room and ripped the packag ing open. Now, i knew that the cards each came with a copy of Need For Speed: Most Wanted, But i DIDN'T know that the NFS:MW was the Black Edition too!!

Here's a shot of the cards still in their boxes next to the two copies of NFS:MW:

And a shot of the box from behind:

Here's a pic of both of the cards. These are very nice looking cards, with black and green HSF and DVI designs, much better than the XFX 78GTX:

Here's a sgot of the cards and both of their bundles:

The bundles were very nice, each card came with a copy of Far Cry (DVD), X2: The Threat and MotoGP 2. They each also came with 2 DVI adapters, a molex splitter, a VIVO cable adapter and a couple of S-Video cables.

Here's a shot of my copies of NFS, i had one already:

So, here i've installed the cards:

Sorry about the mess and the haggard pink cables, but i'm too lazy to tidy a case that's only going to be together for about 2 or 3 days.

Something i found very strange, was that i took the Hard Disk out of the machine i was using, put it into this machine, and i could boot straight into Windows XP, even though it wasn't installed using this hardware. However, i opted to format and install anyway, as it only take a little while.

Here's a shot of all the hardware going into my case, unfortunately the RAM and HDDs are not in the pic, i'll have the disks tonight and i'm not sure when i'll have the RAM:

I'm busy running benchmark or two. So far all i've done is 1 superpi, 1mb, i got 43s, is that a good score? I've never benched with superpi before, sorry!!

What do you guys think so far?
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

I'm busy running the 32mb one right now, man it's taking long. I think another reason why i have a 43 sec in 1mb is because i'm using generic RAM, and it's mixed, 1 512mb stick is DDR400 and the other is DDR333!!! LOL!!! But i'm getting 2x 1GB sticks of mushkin soon, that'll help. Also, the Windows i'm running now IS a fresh install.

My temps are lloking way too high, my CPU idle temp is around 44' and under load it goes up to 47', well, that's what i've seen so far, only used superpi. My MB temp goes up to 45', haven't established the idle temp though.

And guys, i wanna get rid of all this bundle. I just want 1 copy of far cry and a NFS black edition. You guys are welcome to buy the rest off me.
qace

Post by qace »

You have pm 8)
Ihsahn

Post by Ihsahn »

I think that we just a bit jelous of your new beast. But looking god man looking good. I rescently did a mod myself but its so good you dont deserve to see it :wink:
Who knows more about electricity than the Amish?
ElDiablo

Post by ElDiablo »

1 word dude:

<b>BEAUTIFULL!</b>