Where can i get watercooling goodies?

Push it to the max but make sure that you keep it cool!
DAE_JA_VOO

Where can i get watercooling goodies?

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

I've got a Thermaltake Aquarius III water cooling setup, but it's only cooling my CPU. I want to cool my Video card, norhbridge and Hard drives.

Can anyone help me because the only waterblock available in SA for Graphics cards is the Thermaltake one, and it sucks anyway. I have a 6800GT, so i want to make sure that it's cooled properly.
Tolklein

Post by Tolklein »

http://www.synapsys.co.za/ will sort you out, it's a little more expensive than others, but Arthur knows his stuff.

Oh and welcome to the forums
Syndicate

Post by Syndicate »

I got a second hand inovatek 6800 water block for R300, but it's mine all mine, not just got to set it all up.

P.S. they normally go for about R800
goku

Post by goku »

Tolklein wrote:http://www.synapsys.co.za/ will sort you out, it's a little more expensive than others, but Arthur knows his stuff.

Oh and welcome to the forums
You sound just like Mr Bean:) ( for a second it was him untill your avie showed up)
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

I got a second hand inovatek 6800 water block for R300, but it's mine all mine, not just got to set it all up.

So does that cooler cool the entire card? (Core and RAM)

What card do you have and what are your temps?
zYs

Post by zYs »

An adaptor for a graphics card will probably cot a lot. Are you wanting to overclock it? If you are not then the maufactorer's cooling should be adequate.
"I disagree, we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you. When you understand why you reject all the other religions you will understand why I reject yours."
Syndicate

Post by Syndicate »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:

So does that cooler cool the entire card? (Core and RAM)

What card do you have and what are your temps?
It cools the GPU and RAM, I haven't installed it yet as I'm helping my GF's brother build his PC first.
It's a 6800LE with pipes fully unlocked and OC'ed with the GPU core voltage at 1.4V.
MrBean

Post by MrBean »

Some word of advice here: Try to avoid these 1-cooler-cools-gpu-and-mem type waterblocks, as your components are not soldered evenly, at the same height, and this causes the block not to make proper contact with all ram chips.

Buy a standalone gpu block, Asetek, or Dangerden makes good ones, and use decent air-cooled ramsinks, like frozencpu or Tweakmonster and glue them using arctic silver adhesive.

Good advice, use it ;)