F1 2005!!!

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

At looong last...It should have been the 3rd or 4th one, but well it's the first team this season that got a 1,2 finish. ANd JPM.....congrats. THis weekend Monty had the upperhand....and beat Kimi fair and square, even though Kimi had the fastest lap in the race. Still it was nice to see McLaren now leading the constructors.... The fastes lap the weekend though Alex with a 1:11.701....
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Here here. I am with you on that Voodoo. Alonso is the king of the hill, and monty is looking to challenge kimi's position for speed. Its going to be a great last 2 race's.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
jPm

Post by jPm »

Great Racing from mclaren, Alonso is King of the Hill, and drove within his limits, well done

Kimi blew it when the pressure got to him in qualifying

Cant wait for the remaining Races, its gonna be pure racing btwn jpm and kimi

BTW VoodooProhpet2, i read recently during this month, at f1racing.net, that ron congrat. jpm on driving such an understeering car, so what you see on TV is not what is the reality, i think it was right after the belgium GP
jPm

Post by jPm »

its gonna be a good race this weekend, Suzuka always has suprises!!!

Hope we see a bit of wet weather, and the toyotas challenging the mclarens
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

I was wondering where JPM was hiding, specially after Monty's well deserved win at Interlagos.

As for the oversteer / understeer issue, how can I argue with you, I mean it seems like you have all the answers, and read all the articles, mostly the ones I didn't read. So ya, then the McLaren must be understeering, and that's why the car sticks to the road as much as it's doing now.
jPm

Post by jPm »

Any bets for this weekend,

At last we going to see racing between the mclaren duo

BTW anybody in CAPETOWN, on the 5 of october at the GLENDALE ENGEN GARAGE they going to have the mp4-19 of kimi's
jPm

Post by jPm »

now that was an awesome race by kimi raikonnen, that move towards the end on fisi was real driving, and thats the first time ive seen kimi do somerthing like that. great stuff kimi, bad luck to jpm
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

WOW! What a superb race, i loved every minute of it! Kimi passing Fisi was bril, although Fisi did help Kimi by "blocking fresh air" as said by one of the commentators. It is a shame for Montoya but how much of that accident was his fault? I would love to know. Takuma did it again! Taking out Trulli, and I hope he doesnt get a race next year as he doesnt deserve it. Alonso was flying and it was good to see him race like that. All in all a very action packed race and i cant wait for the last one.

Who will win the constructors? I hope its Mclaren but Renualt is extremly strong so it will be a tough one.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
jPm

Post by jPm »

I say mclaren is going to win the constructors,lol, that was great driving by kimi, that was his best race of his life, because this is the first time ive seen him overtake some many top runners with similar amounts of fuel!!

Its amazing coz Alonso's car look pretty hooked up around that circuit, around the 130R alonso and fisi were flat out, wheraz kimi lifted quited alot, but still kimi carried more speed around the corner.

That means the although the renault has a good topspeed, they battle to gather speed fast enough and therefore the mercedes is more powerful!!

I didnt see the shunt with Jpm, so not sure what happend, but it would have been great to have seen what he could have done in the race

One other thing is that you could see shumi experience yesterday, he had a much slower car than kimi and alonso but done very well to keep them behind, that was good driving from him.

Renault Vs Mclaren, well mclaren are way faster, the mclaren team usually have +-6 laps more fuel and can lap the same pace if not faster than the renault. Also its funny how in every race the renault team has a great first stint and after that they just FADE!!

Hope we see great racing in China and when i mean racing i mean overtaking
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

kimi did state in the driver interview that he had a problem with 7th gear hence the reason why he couldnt take micheal on the 130R and had to force him to make a mistake. he even said that when he was overtaking fisi he hit the rev limiter on 7th gear to soon, indicating a top end problem. but all in all again a fab race.
Dom

Post by Dom »

Takuma did it again! Taking out Trulli, and I hope he doesnt get a race next year as he doesnt deserve it.
I agree. He seems a very impetuous sort of driver, not being nearly careful enough :x

What amazed me, is how violent that impact with Trulli was (his whole right side intake was basically trashed), yet Sato's car made it to the finish?

Oh well, with Rubens going to BAR Honda (or just Honda from now on apparently), I'm sure Takuma isn't going to get a drive with anyone else!

Kimi's driving was amazing to say the least! :-) It was funny to see how disgruntled the Renault guys looked, when on the podium. :lol:
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

although Fisi did help Kimi by "blocking fresh air"
I'm not sure that thats 100% correct. That statement was made about Fisi's blocking on the chicane just before themain straight. IMO Fisi did that best block manouvre he could blocking the inside line, if Kimi went that way he would have shut the door, he really couldn't block the outside at that speed without an accident of some kind.
I didnt see the shunt with Jpm, so not sure what happend, but it would have been great to have seen what he could have done in the race
Well i've watched that over and over and have come to conclusion that Villenueve wasn't all to blame. Monty should'nt have gone up such a narrow space with cold tyres and a driver like Villenueve at the end of the move! Considering the constructors at stake, he should've used his head, lifted a bit and out dragged Vill down the main straight, which i'm sure he could've done considering the fuel amount Vill was carrying. Still hopefully he can work hard with Kimi to secure another 1-2 for the team.

Oh and i nearly forgot what an absolutely mesmerising race by Raikonnen, it has shown the class of the man and the patience and mental strengths and strategic mind he has developed in the past few races! I'd say that it is close between Alonso and Raikonnen but in the he is the better race driver! Congrats Kimi, thoroughly deserved as James Allen put it "Kimi may have not won the Drivers Championship but he has definitely shown that he is Man" Mwahaha, that > all

Shangai hope you can live up to the Japs awesome race!
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

jPm

Post by jPm »

Well Done Renault and Alonso, they kept there heads on when the pressure came!!

Alonso had the fastest car at CHINA and thats that!!!

Im disappointed but lets hope for a better starting season for mclaren next year
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Well i actually only got to watch the China race a week after it happened our TV blew :oops:

As said well done to Renault and Alonso I think they deserved it far more than Mclaren why? well who was the most reliable finishing car on every track...

Do we need a new thread for the 1006 season when it comes in? or shall we carry on using this one?

Rule changes for 2006

new qauli layout (again!) as well as a new body design...
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Anakha56 wrote:Do we need a new thread for the 1006 season when it comes in? or shall we carry on using this one?
Are we gonna have time traveling cars to be able to watch the 1006 season?

I think, when it comes, we'll create a new thread, since F1 2005 won't really have meaning next year will it?
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

:oops: my bad :lol:

cool just curious... what were your thoughts on the last race Kronos?
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

i know im double posting but all f1 fans should see what the new rear wings are going to look like...

http://www.formula1.com/news/3764.html
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Ah, yes. The last race of the season.

Congratulations to Renault and Alonso on a great race and a great season. Unfortunately, I would have loved to see a better fight in the last few races between the top two drivers (Alonso & Raikkonen). But alas, that was not to be. Alonso merely had to defend his lead and finish within the points in the last 6 or so races. If Kimi's car had been more reliable in the beginning of the season, Alonso would've had to fight towards the end, instead of just defending. That would've put him under more pressure, then we could see what kind of driver he really is.

As for the last race itself: The Renaults were just the best cars on the day. The Mclarens, especially Kimi's car just didn't have the pace in the beginning, and when it got faster towards the end, it was already too late.
Fisichella was clearly not a match for Kimi, even in a faster car. While Montoya took himself out of the equation again.

Now, I know jPm is going to have something to say at that:
"No, it was the track's fault, and the marshals should've checked, and ....."

That is partly true. The marshals should've checked everything better after the early races, but look at the video of the race again.

Clearly Alonso, and Raikkonen swerved out of the way of the Drain Cover. And Kimi said in the Post Race Press Conference: "I could see the drain cover sticking up."

Why then could Monty not see it? Is he blind? It must be. Earlier in the season he didn't see the red light coming out of the pit lane either.
Either that, or he just doesn't pay enough attention while driving.

As for MS: Spinning out behind a safety car? No, Ferrari have really missed the boat this season. Are bridgestone only testing at Indy? Cause that's the only place where the Ferraris could do anything this season, and it was ONLY because of tyres. Did their Aerodynamics play a role in their lack of performance this season? Surely if it was the engine they could've reverted back to last year's engines, which were faster than the other cars.

What about the youngens that made a mark last year?
Button: He Finished 9th in the champs after a terrible first 7 races, and only getting in midfield in the rest of the season.
Sato: Sato drove like an idiot all year. 5 Retirements, 2 Disquallifications and only 2 other races in the top 10 finishers.

These were about the only mentionable points of the entire season, let alone the last race.

All we can hope for is that the rule changes for next year will have a positive effect on the racing, and that we will see some real head to head racing between the top factions of the sport: Renault, Mclaren, Ferrari Toyota. Maybe even some of the others. Untill then, Keep well, and drive responsibly :P
jPm

Post by jPm »

JPM explained that he took a while to get used to the MP4-20 car, which was 'very difficult to drive'. "At first it felt like the steering wheel was connected to the rear of the car," he added. "I didn't feel as home in the car as I had at Williams. Unlike Kimi I need a car that is more predictable."
Quoted earlier in the year by RON baldy Dennis!

www.f1racing.net