USB Connection to Digital Camera

Any hardware related topics go here.
maniiman

Post by maniiman »

HELP!! I am pulling my hair out. I recently bought a Panasonic PV-DC3000EN camera which downloads the pics to pc via a USB port. When I follow the instructions to load the USB driver for the camera I get the message
<BR>
<BR>USB Device
<BR>---------------
<BR>An error occured during the installation of the device.
<BR>
<BR>The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance.
<BR>
<BR>and the only option I have is to click FINISH. I tried the same install on a friend´s notebook and it worked like a charm. Does this mean there is perhaps a fault with my USB port. If anyone can assist me please let me know. Thanks<!-- BBCode Start --><B>null</B><!-- BBCode End -->
pctech

Post by pctech »

What OS are you using? If you´re using Windows, check in the Device Manager to see if there is a problem with the USB ports in Windows. Often I find that USB hasn´t been enabled in the BIOS - that´s also worth checking out, or Windows drivers for the USB have not been installed (older motherboards).
<BR>Let me know what you find and I´ll try and help you troubleshoot further.
<BR>Trace
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

pctech has the right idea, when you plug the camera into the USB port Windows should pick it up immediately and request drivers. If Windows is finding the camera but it is still giving you probs installing then you should download new drivers.
op3rat0r

Post by op3rat0r »

I had a similar problem when installing my USB driver for my D/C. Try removing it from device manager and let Windows detect it again, then reinstall your driver. This worked for me. Let us know
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes