pc reboots

Post your scores or get advice on how to better them.
Praeses

Post by Praeses »

the exterior of the TA is cold ALL the time

no blue screen at all :cry:
Praeses

Re: Blue Screen

Post by Praeses »

MotoGuzzi wrote: If your PC[+TA] was switched off for a day, and you power up and log to internet, does it also reboot shortly after logging on ?

yeah...
Kiran

Post by Kiran »

I had the exact same problem.

Initially I swore at Hellkom. For a few months I lived in misery as my connections always dropped after about 4 or 5 hours.

Then I installed Linux. No more problems! I have the InfinitCall (R7) thingie. I connect on Friday 19h05, never switch off until Monday 06h50!!!

I'm using a "slower" external modem, but the net seems to be faster than it ever was on Windos! If I'm httrack'ing (mirroring) a site, I found that even on my 56k dial-up, I can download about 1GB in a weekend!

The moral of the story, this problem seems to be a combination of the buggy Windows and/or Hellkoms crappy products.

Even though I hate Hellkom, I can't blame their crappy product completely. Since I changed to Linux, I have had only 1 connection problem. And that was caused by my neighbour accidentally cutting the telephone wire.

So it's definitely Windos's problem!

P.S. I still hate Hellkom
What is this "Microsoft" that you speak of? Washing powder? Coffee? Correction fluid? I can't figure it out. Anyone else know?