ECS???

Any hardware related topics go here.
trailb

ECS???

Post by trailb »

Hey people

Havent being posting for long..... :cry:

AS the subject says is ECS any good?? (the 64bit 939)
Have heard very bad thing is it ture?
Mozz

Post by Mozz »

Never owned one, but they seem to be trying quite hard :?:
Jasonhk

Post by Jasonhk »

ECS is defently a crap brand. Get a Chaintech ..they are cheap but at least preform well. And the ABIT A8N-Ultra is R1250 and is also very good.
Elitehost| Professional Web Hosting Solutions | www.elitehost.co.za
1.5GB Storage / 15GB Bandwidth - R29.95/Month | cPanel, PHP, MySQL and Fantastico
Bobendren

Post by Bobendren »

ECS is an entry level brand. Don't expect overclocking potential, or useful bios features. And those colours...arrrggg!.

As jasonhk mentioned, rather go for chaintech if u want a low cost mobo.
MrBean

Post by MrBean »

Mmm...maybe cast a different light on things here - recently TechPhil from Systemshock/V9 got himself a ECS to test his 7800GTX, and boy oh boy, it is a fast board.

In the same class as, or little faster, than my Abit SLi at stock speeds.

He scored around 40-50 points more in 3dM05 than I did, when our GFX's were running the same speeds, his comes as 450/1200 factory overclocked, mine as 430/1200, so I upped my core clock to match his, and he still managed a few points more.

Before we write this board off, if you want a good, fast entry level board, will be doing minimal overclocking, maybe google a little, and keep this one in the back of your head.

Also, check out the nice PCF review on P46 or there abouts in the magazine, it features there as well ;)

Surely first impressions for this boards seems ok....I might be wrong though, but would be willing to give it a try if I was building a std system.
QBM

Post by QBM »

I've built several budget PCs for friends/ others with ECS boards and have had no problems so far.

I took the chance cause the mobos were basically free............glad I did

Still wouldn't use them in my own PC though.........
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

ECS are very stable, i also thought they werent the greatest but my dads ECS board has been very stable.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Big_mac

Post by Big_mac »

Iv got a KV2 Lite. It's not nice feature wise and the overlocking sucks. There are no nice lowlevel settings like multipliers, etc. I can quite easily overclock my Athlon64 3000+ 939 from 1.8Ghz to 2.65Ghz.

Problem is is that the vcore cannot go higher than 1.45v! Even if you set it to 1.55v in the bios it stops at 1.45. useless.

does anyone know hot to maybe fix this? I'v flased the latest bios to no avail.
Bobendren

Post by Bobendren »

Although not a great fan of ECS I've actually built up 2 pc's using ECS boards (it's coz they're SO cheap) for other people. Haven't had a complaint yet so presume they're still working.