RAID0 for FC3

Discussion and support for all Linux distributions and Unix flavours (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc).
Dakes

RAID0 for FC3

Post by Dakes »

I'm using two Seagate SATA 80Gb hard drives in RAID0 for Windows. I bought another two of the same drives to do the same thing in linux. I'm trying to install Fedora Core 3 on a RAID0 disk. When I get to the partitioning part I was told I should use disk druid to do it manually. I did that and clicked on the RAID button. Then it wanted me to create Software RAID on each of the two drives (they are seen as two drives not one, even though I had already set them up as RAID0 drives). Then I had to create the RAID device. Which mount point should I choose and what do I do further? It asks me to create swap space and to do some other things I don't understand. I'm still quite a noob when it comes to linux. I've tried searching for help on the net but it seems like nobody has found the solution. Everyone seems to get stuck somewhere and apparently there's a message that comes up stating that the kernel is panicking?

PLEASE HELP :!:

My rig:
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (nForce3 Ultra) mobo
Athlon64 3200+
2 x 512MB Corsair DDR400 XMS
Radeon 9700 PRO
4 x 80Gb Seagate SATA drives (two are used for WindowsXP)
Brother Hiram, wish you were here!
Thanks Disruptor!
Dakes

Post by Dakes »

Anybody?
Thanks Disruptor!
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Dakes

Post by Dakes »

Thanks for the help Anakha! I'll give them a try when I get home. A buddy just told me that he's got FC4. I'll try that first cause they might have improved support for SATA RAID.
Thanks Disruptor!
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

not a problem. hope u come right.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.