Latest issue

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

I'll still use the DVD even if I don't get a DVD-drive or something. I'll just copy the files that I want onto my laptop from the network through some else's laptop. Problemo solved!
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Im sorry and I know Im going to be hated for this, but Im with Wiz...

Why did you have to be so blatantly rude to the people that were inquiring about a dvd... You near flamed us! Also, how do exactly copying NAG make you so good for a 100th edition? You dont do anything really special... You just close a competitive disadvantage, not create a strategic advantage (Wow, the stuff I learn in IT management....)

Just my personal feelings...

*Edit* ... Jee, I cannot believe you havent opened your NAG DVD's ...
I also feel that you are quite outrightly flaming NAG... I personally find their packaging 10x better than that of PCF... The resealable bag works wonders... The disc not being stuck to the front of the mag works even better too... no more torn front pages...

NAG is also the only mag I have received posters in... Dont call that advert page of PCF a poster... PCF hasnt given me anything worthy of hanging on the wall....
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

I can't believe that everyone was begging for a Dvd so much, and now that we get one, all the do is moan. Just be happy that at least we have a Dvd now, I am. Thank you Pcformat.
jee

Post by jee »

Ahh Slahser... as always... Do read properly. In no ways am I flaming Nag. If you are so enamoured with the mag, well, its your choice to buy only that.

No, the DV's are not opened yet, because I have had no need for them. I will totally admit that from the bunch of computer mags that I buy every month (4 or 5 depending and if my shops will stock Computeractive so that I can see if its worth buying I will add that to the list) the only CD that I use is my Net.Plus one. So for me its a personal choice. The other disks are passed on to my readers.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Tamsini

Post by Tamsini »

Slasher we are NOT copying NAG just because our DVD issue is coming out a month or two later than theirs did. I really don't see the big deal. We planned to launch it with our 100th issue ages ago, NAG launched first, good for them!

You wonder why I can be "blatantly rude" well it's because you moan and complain about no DVD, you get a DVD then you moan and complain because it wasn't fast enough. Then you moan that the NAG DVD is in a better cover when you haven't even seen ours yet and you'll probably find something else to moan about if that gets sorted out.
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

PCF could give the 100th edition away for free and people would still find a reason to complain. As long as the majority are happy then why worry about the minoroty.

@Tamsini..... Dont take it to heart, theres always gonna be someone who's unhappy
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

You can say that again!
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

Mystical_Titan wrote:You can say that again!
@Tamsini..... Dont take it to heart, theres always gonna be someone who's unhappy

Lol - :wink:
:D
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Creator wrote:
Mystical_Titan wrote:You can say that again!

Lol - :wink:
:D
Yeah and I'm not one of them. I was just making a statement to support what Stevo said.

I think PCF is excellent!
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Tamsini wrote:Slasher we are NOT copying NAG just because our DVD issue is coming out a month or two later than theirs did. I really don't see the big deal. We planned to launch it with our 100th issue ages ago, NAG launched first, good for them!

You wonder why I can be "blatantly rude" well it's because you moan and complain about no DVD, you get a DVD then you moan and complain because it wasn't fast enough. Then you moan that the NAG DVD is in a better cover when you haven't even seen ours yet and you'll probably find something else to moan about if that gets sorted out.
@ Slasher & Wizard

Guys, please stop this NOW! You are causing unmendable damage to our campaign to get Tams on the cover as a model. By no means was this undertaking discontinued, we merely went underground. Your harrasing insistance concerning a matter totally beyond your control is upsetting our subject. I reiterate... STOP NOW, for the sake of our just and noble cause.

S
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Like THAT's ever gonna happen!

But who knows? Maybe that's our surprise for the 100th issue: Tamsini on the cover!
capanno

Post by capanno »

Mystical_Titan wrote:Like THAT's ever gonna happen!
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Sojourn wrote:
Tamsini wrote:Slasher we are NOT copying NAG just because our DVD issue is coming out a month or two later than theirs did. I really don't see the big deal. We planned to launch it with our 100th issue ages ago, NAG launched first, good for them!

@ Slasher & Wizard

Guys, please stop this NOW! You are causing unmendable damage to our campaign to get Tams on the cover as a model. By no means was this undertaking discontinued, we merely went underground. Your harrasing insistance concerning a matter totally beyond your control is upsetting our subject. I reiterate... STOP NOW, for the sake of our just and noble cause.

S
YES, I SECOND YOUR MOTION TO DISCONTINUE THIS CHILDISH BEHAVIOUR
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

I think there might be a mutiny on the way... :D
Belix

Post by Belix »

I vote PCF ship with Blue Ray disks.
Erp, better include a Blue Ray drive too.
On second thought, better include an uprated PC too to handle the Blue Ray drive.
Next issue only R28,158.45 :D

yes, i am kidding... :lol:

| Intel C2D E7300 | Asus Striker Extreme | CL X-Fi ME | Asus 8800GTS | Aopen 700W |
| 2*Seagate 1TB Raid | Samsung 2232GW 22" LCD | Team Extreem 2GB DDR2 800 |
capanno

Post by capanno »

NAAH, really???????? I thought you were serious!!!!!!!
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Can you imagine the shipping problems? And the complaints when magazines arrive with broken PCs? Lol!
Bio-Hazard

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I can't wait to get my hands on the 100th issue. The DVD is a cool bonus and I'm stoked about it. Even with all the hype of another mag including a replacement DVD I didn't buy it and don't think I will. The mags content doesn't interest me and I won't buy something just for a DVD filled with freeware and shareware that I can get from a friend or the net. I think PCFORMAT is about the mag and not the bonus DVD/CD. If you can't say something nice......SHUT UP! If you complain about PCF, there's obviously something you don't like about it, so don't buy it and you'll be a happier person!

PCF ROCKS. Thanks and keep up the excellent work. :)
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

I guess there will always be a wolf amongst the sheep.
Iceblade
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: MSI gaming Z87 MPower
Graphics card: MSI R9290 OC edition Twin FROZR
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 2x8gb 2400

Post by Iceblade »

[quote="Da_Ripper]sad that mod of the month is gone. [/quote]
You don't know how SAD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

WoolyBadBaba wrote:No way dude, your mod was definitely original, like the idea of putting a window on the other side of the case. It was done well, and you put a lot of hard work into it. Every time I think of modding my case, I think of yours, just because of that side panel. :wink: In fact, I think you would deserve MOTM more than one or two of the other mods i've seen in the mag.
Thanks buddy :wink:
But it was not good enough :cry:

But the mag is great with or without a CD or DVD :!:

(but a mod of the month competition would be kinda nice) :oops:
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Sojourn wrote:

@ Slasher & Wizard

S
Hey leave me out of this.I said what I wanted to say...I didn't get the reply I hoped for....So in the end I'm happy if your happy...

So now frankly I don't care any more how the DVD came about.... :P

So Tamsini thank you for the DVD and of course the 100th issue. :D

However this brings me to this point it's not really a complaint it's more of a question.

This months cover had a demo of "Brothers in arms" great game however I got the game from CNA I think about 2 to 3 months back...

Why is it that the cover disk demo's are so late? :D
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

One more complaint about the DVD issue and there will be hell to play. You guys are bloody annoying. I'm chuffed that we will be getting a DVD issue from now on. Who cares why or how as long as the content is good.

So go ahead. Complain. I dare you... :evil:
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
jee

Post by jee »

Now you see Master Yoda, is like this...
i dont want a dvd, i want a video:D

so tell me, into which padded cell are you taking me? :P :P
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Y0da wrote:One more complaint about the DVD issue and there will be hell to play. You guys are bloody annoying. I'm chuffed that we will be getting a DVD issue from now on. Who cares why or how as long as the content is good.

So go ahead. Complain. I dare you... :evil:
Yoda you didn't read my post DID YOU..!! :x :x :x People like YOU are annoying for you don't read or don't understand the post made....

DUDE I made my peace and I just asked a QUESTION :!: :!:

So once again

So Tamsini thank you for the DVD and of course the 100th issue
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

jee wrote:Now you see Master Yoda, is like this...
i dont want a dvd, i want a video:D

so tell me, into which padded cell are you taking me? :P :P
Ah nurse jee. Wait in the blue cell for me. I'm just gonna get my whip. :twisted:
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.