Apple does it again...

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
skunkymunky
Permanently Banned

Post by skunkymunky »

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE....

i'll post it when i have some free time.
Fool people into thinking youve got a horse by taking off a unicorns horn
skunkymunky
Permanently Banned

Post by skunkymunky »

MAC:When it comes to memory, Macintosh has significant advantages over Windows. It automatically recognizes when you add new memory, and it automatically takes advantage of all the memory you have.

'REBUTAL: Takes advantage of' isn't exactly how I'd word it. Because of the huge and sloppy System software on the Mac, its programs typically require about 4 more Megabytes of RAM to run than the DOS/Windows equivalent. Furthermore, the Mac's GUI is and must be loaded in order to use the machine. Mac users can't just unload it and use a conservative text-based interface (DOS) in its place.

MAC:Macintosh doesn't have extensions to worry about

REBUTAL: I don't know about you people out there, but I just couldn't live without my file extensions. My old Mac is confusing to no end, because all documents created in all different programs seem to have the exact same icon, and often one program will create files with several different icons. It can be confusing without the familiar extensions to tell them apart. Extensions in Windows give multiple programs the ability to open the same file. For example, giving a downloaded GIF the 'txt' extension allows you to instantly open it with Notepad and view the copyright information and see if you're likely to get sued for copying it to your own Web site. Also, the extensions can provide an added level of security. A friend of mine keeps a diary on his computer that contains his most personal and private thoughts. Renaming the file with a .DLL extension greatly reduces the chances of a casual snoop viewing his sensitive information.
Fool people into thinking youve got a horse by taking off a unicorns horn
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®