3rd Party Mailing

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
SquattingDog

3rd Party Mailing

Post by SquattingDog »

Need some help.

I have a proggy that send mail to ppl I specify when a certain event takes place. But when ever the event takes place the Microsoft Outlook msgbox pops up stating that "if this is unexspected it could be virus, Would you like to send this message.YES.NO"

Ofcourse I want to send the mail, damnit :evil:

I looked on the Microgemors site and after reading through 20,000 links it looks like it is a setting somewhere you have to change. We have an Exchange Server running so it is in a Coporate Environment, phoned the ppl in IT & as always the reply was "I'LL COME BACK TO YOU" what is this some sort of a sequal to T3 "I'LL BE BACK!"

shhhseesh :roll:

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. :oops: :cry:
Thrall
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrall »

Which version of Outlook are you running?
Be polite, professional and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

My Iraq pics
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

We installed Windows 2003 Server and set it up as an Exchange recently, and had that exact same message when our call logging system attempted to send autogenerated mail.
As far as we know (and I work for a Microsoft Gold Certified company) there is only one way around this:

We installed ORKtools. Its for Terminal servers, but will also fix this problem in Outlook 2000/XP

http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/200 ... m#orktools
SquattingDog

Post by SquattingDog »

Thrall wrote:Which version of Outlook are you running?
I'm running the XP suite. 2002 I think. :roll:
SquattingDog

Post by SquattingDog »

jamin_za wrote:We installed Windows 2003 Server and set it up as an Exchange recently, and had that exact same message when our call logging system attempted to send autogenerated mail.
As far as we know (and I work for a Microsoft Gold Certified company) there is only one way around this:

We installed ORKtools. Its for Terminal servers, but will also fix this problem in Outlook 2000/XP

I tried downloading it yesterday but with a Diginet line and 200+ user using for everything it timeouts more often than anything else. Just 2 make sure this will not be installed on the server, this will be installed on a client machine, will this still solve the problem???

VIVA LA SECOND TELSCUM :wink:
Thrall
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrall »

jamin_za wrote:We installed Windows 2003 Server and set it up as an Exchange recently, and had that exact same message when our call logging system attempted to send autogenerated mail.

What jamin_za said :D
Be polite, professional and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

My Iraq pics
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Should work for Outlook on any box....

Also for shaky download links, try use a download manager like GetRight or DAP. They can resume broken downloads so you dont lose a 98% complete file when the link goes down.