OC Woes

Post your scores or get advice on how to better them.
mow Cancelled

OC Woes

Post by mow Cancelled »

guys im getting fed up. my rig is getting realy low bench scores and i dont know why -

my rig :
AMD64 3200+ @ 2.2
1024 DDR400 @ 400
9800pro 128mb @ 378/338
seagate 80GB 7200rpm

with everything running at stock speeds i get 23k in aquamark.

im new to the OC thing but according to most this score is pretty low.
i think OC my 2.2GHZ to 2.311GHZ and this caused my mem bus to go up to 420Mhz my FSB is @ 1260.

i OC my Gpu to 425/400

my temp @ the OC level is 34 cpu and 28 system - under load.

now the problem is with the Oc i get 23.5k in aquamark - why ? or is everyone else wrong and is this what im suppose to be getting ?

my friends 2.4Ghz celeron with 384mb DDR333 and a 5700ultra gets the same score with no overclocking - please anyone help me.

----Thanx to Kher-za for this piece of Art-----
Android

Post by Android »

I have about the same setup as you mow, with a 9550 128mb and i get about the same score as you in aquamark3 but with alot of teawking on the system i can get up 30k in aquaMark3 :P
\\\\\\\" irc.darkhaven.org.za \\\\\\\"
mow Cancelled

Post by mow Cancelled »

whats your rig ?

Android

Post by Android »

Intel 2.4Ghz
896 DDR400
Radeon 9550 128mb
seagate 80GB 7200rpm
Asrock P4S61 motherboard
\\\\\\\" irc.darkhaven.org.za \\\\\\\"
mow Cancelled

Post by mow Cancelled »

my point is proven - da sumtin wrong with my rig ......................... weep

VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

Android's Intel rig is running dual channel, where as your system MOW, is running single channel. Now Aquamark is really memory instensive, and then GFX and CPU. To get the memory sorted you'll need to get that latency for the memory as low as can be. Try find the A64tweaker, if you can, I do not have a link right now, but on that you could change the Latency and look at on setting saying T2 and disable it.....believe me it will help a lot. Also please do not choose to startup with the selected setting, otherwise you might end up having some problems starting up if a setting does not work. Origanally the selection to startup with the selected setting will not be set to on, so just change whatever you want and then you must bench and see what you get. First bench with only changing the CAS to around 2.5, TRAS to about 6 and T2 to disable.

Oh here's a link

http://www.falconfly.de/download.htm
mow Cancelled

Post by mow Cancelled »

thanx voodoo , did you see that i got my mem running at 400 ? my mem is currently @ 2.5 3 3 8 i try to get tras down to 6 but in my previous tweaker experience it keeps saying that the lower numbers are reserved values ?

i'll give it a try !

btw - which religion worships you ?

VoodooProphetII

Don't really know about the worship part...

Okay, leave the tras at 8 if it can't go lower, but please try the T2 disable, because it increased my memory bandwidth in Sandra05 by more than 1000mb/s, so with yours you should expect around a 400 -500 mb/s. That 1000 on mine was at stock. See if I enable T2 I'm looking at 4800Mb/s, if I disable T2 I get around 5900mb/s. That makes a huge difference (usually) in Aquamark. I also found that single or dual channel does not make a huge difference in 3D Mark 03, not sure about 05 though.
VoodooProphetII

Oh and the 2.5 3 3 8 at DDR400, well congrats man, I'm glad you got that part sorted. Now just fine tuning and tweaking.
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

This sounds really lame but its what made me get low benchmarks and low fps read outs by programs like ATI Tool which made me thought it had something to do with my gfx card - but it wasnt.

Check your graphics/detail settings under display properties, go into advanced and then go to the 3D tab. Change whatever its on and move the slider bar to "balanced" (default). Now benchmark and see if theres any difference. I found that keeping that on balanced for benchmarks is good + you can always change your gfx settings in games so I found it pointless to put it on high.

EDIT: Download ATI Tool (www.techpowerup.com) and check what your fps read out, mine read from about 100-120, I think yours should be around 180-200.
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
mow Cancelled

Post by mow Cancelled »

thanks for the up , but i have already tried that !
and i do use ATI Tool .

the next possibillity i thought of was power , im giong too get my voltages toninght and post them tomorrow. when i got this card someone said my PSU was a insufficient - check in 2mrow :-)