Keyboards and Mice

Any hardware related topics go here.
SuperQuaise

Keyboards and Mice

Post by SuperQuaise »

I'm looking to upgrade my mouse and keyboard to something wireless, should i go Microsoft or Logitech
Belix

Post by Belix »

I'm not too impressed with my wireless MS keyboard n mouse. Logitech is cheaper and I have heard no reports of the mouse 'lag' that plagues my mouse. Go logitech :)

| Intel C2D E7300 | Asus Striker Extreme | CL X-Fi ME | Asus 8800GTS | Aopen 700W |
| 2*Seagate 1TB Raid | Samsung 2232GW 22" LCD | Team Extreem 2GB DDR2 800 |
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Stay away from Microsoft. I hate mine. It is not compatible with DirectX applications. It keeps losing the connection to the reciever etc etc etc.

After spending the equivalent of R699 on it I cant return it since it was bought in the US.

Logitech is the best.
devastator201

Post by devastator201 »

I just don't like batteries going dead... But logitech is cool.
dammod

Post by dammod »

Yeah, I have a logitech and it ROCKS!
Garret

Post by Garret »

I've been using the MS Optical Desktop Pro for over a year and a half and have never had any problems - in fact I am still extremely happy with it.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

I have an A-Open cordless set and its bliss ! I got 6 AAA batteries with it in the box, rechargable, two for the mouse, two for the keyboard and two that slots into the USB receiver to charge. Never been with battery problems and no lag.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

dammod wrote:Yeah, I have a logitech and it ROCKS!
Logitech rockorz teh big 1111111!

I have had my Logitech MX500 for over a year and I reckon it's the best thing I have ever bought.

Go for one of Logitech Desktop MX's.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
LiZZ8rD

Post by LiZZ8rD »

Buy M$ - I have the M$ Wireless Optical Desktop Comfort Keyboard and Mouse "the best R700-00 bucks" I ever spent.
Asus P4P800SE
P4 3.2GHz Prescott (HT)
Thermaltake Spark 7+ HSF
Asus Radeon 9800XT/TVD (+Thermaltake GiantIII)
Twinmos 512Mb DDR400 x4 (Dual DDR) = 2GB
160Gb x2 (RAID0)
SONY 16X DL DVDRW
Thermaltake 560Watt PSU
Thermaltake V7000A Case
Windows X
jee

Post by jee »

Sojourn wrote:I have an A-Open cordless set and its bliss ! I got 6 AAA batteries with it in the box, rechargable, two for the mouse, two for the keyboard and two that slots into the USB receiver to charge. Never been with battery problems and no lag.
ok... what am I doing wrong? my batteries always goes flat at the most in(un?)opportune moments.... 8O
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
MuRdErDoLL

Post by MuRdErDoLL »

I hav the Logitech MX 1000, first laser mouse ever. They say its 20x more sensitive than optical. The battery lasts me about 6 days before i hav to recharge. Im really impressed with this mouse so i'll say go for logitech.
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Logitech is cool :)

I have a Logitech cordless desktop and it hasn't given me any problems yet :D
goku

Post by goku »

jee wrote:
Sojourn wrote:I have an A-Open cordless set and its bliss ! I got 6 AAA batteries with it in the box, rechargable, two for the mouse, two for the keyboard and two that slots into the USB receiver to charge. Never been with battery problems and no lag.
ok... what am I doing wrong? my batteries always goes flat at the most in(un?)opportune moments.... 8O
It's not you jee, it's just that thing they call Murphy's law :wink:
jee

Post by jee »

mutter.. mutter mr Murphy.. mutter mutter....

seriously, I am actually back with my cord mouse even if it means that I cannot do the things with it what I can do with my cordless... *sigh* I just HATE batteries going flat .....
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

LiZZ8rD wrote:Buy M$ - I have the M$ Wireless Optical Desktop Comfort Keyboard and Mouse "the best R700-00 bucks" I ever spent.
I have the same setup as you. Have you noticed any problems with games? Otherwise it is an ok keyboard. The Gigabyte cordless set that I have connected as a secondary keyboard feels a lot more responsive.
LiZZ8rD

Post by LiZZ8rD »

Nope no problems.
What software version are you running? 5.1 or 5.2.
I only know of Sid Meiers Pirates which has issues other than that nothing. The Flatteries last long. Distance is fine. Mouse response is A-OK.
My best investment ever.
Asus P4P800SE
P4 3.2GHz Prescott (HT)
Thermaltake Spark 7+ HSF
160Gb x2 (RAID0)
SONY 16X DL DVDRW
Thermaltake 560Watt PSU
Thermaltake V7000A Case
Windows X
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

I think it is 5.2 not sure. But in NFSU2 the car stops responding to keyboard input at random intervals.
LiZZ8rD

Post by LiZZ8rD »

How far is your receiver from your keyboard?
Asus P4P800SE
P4 3.2GHz Prescott (HT)
Thermaltake Spark 7+ HSF
160Gb x2 (RAID0)
SONY 16X DL DVDRW
Thermaltake 560Watt PSU
Thermaltake V7000A Case
Windows X
WAKZYON

Post by WAKZYON »

Go logitech it Kicks bottom
AlphA

Post by AlphA »

I bought the A-4tech Cordless Office from Cyberdyne. It was really cheap too! R299+vat. Also, it came with a USB battery charger and 6 AA batteries. Whats cool about it is that you always have a fresh set of batteries waiting in case the ones in your device dies. Very slick.
Very good value for money....I just did'nt like the setup of the keys, they have that Anti-RSI feature, which takes some getting used to. But, after a week or so, I love it and dont want to use any other keyboard!

Some Pros
1) Cheap (very)
2) Looks very nice
3) PLENTY programmable keys on the keyboard
4) Comes with USB charger (in receiver) and batteries
5) Mouse is very ergonomic , feels good in the hand

Some cons
1) If left for a few mins, the mouse "sleeps". It wont move for the first split second you move it after its been sleeping. (Worse complaint!)
2) Some people wont like the Anti-RSI keyboard
3) Sleep buton is next to the ESC key on the keyboard. That sucks if you work a lot in UNIX/Linux like I do! You could miss ESC and hit the sleep button! (ooops!) Fortunately, I have'nt done that (yet!)
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

maxxis wrote:I think it is 5.2 not sure. But in NFSU2 the car stops responding to keyboard input at random intervals.
i have the same problem with certain games. it happens to me when i use two directional keys at the same time. strangely enough this only happens in XP.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

jee wrote:mutter.. mutter mr Murphy.. mutter mutter....

seriously, I am actually back with my cord mouse even if it means that I cannot do the things with it what I can do with my cordless... *sigh* I just HATE batteries going flat .....
Granted, once every 3/4 weeks it goes flat, but then I just swap the batteries with the ones inside the receiver thats charged, takes me less than a minute.
Dom

Post by Dom »

Logitech Cordless Desktop MX = :satisfied: :bigups: :biggrin:
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

microsoft wireless mouse from CNA on Edgars card = :-)

No sleeping pointers...instant response!
AlphA

Post by AlphA »

I jus picked up $ wireless keyboard and mouse from HiFi Corruption a few mins ago. Was going on special for R359-00. Not bad. I grabbed one, even though I have the A4 wireless kit already.

My first impressions of this Micro$oft set is
1) Very nice keyboard...well laid out keys.
2) Silent Keys
3) The mouse is not ergonomically shaped.
4) The mouse pointer does'nt move as fast as my A4 wireless mouse, even though the motion speed is set to max
5) There not HALF as many of the function keyts the A4 Tech set has.

All in all, they costed about the same, but the A4 Tech came with extra batteries and a USB battery charger. So, its better value for money.

I read good reviews on this M$ set and not so good reviews on the A4 set...but, I feel the A4 Tech comes REALLY close to the M$ set....if not better. I just dont like A4's "Anti-RSI" shaped keys....but once you get used to it...I guess its not so bad...and some even feel its better than a regular keyboard.