STEAM ?? !!!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

bonkers wrote:Damn , i read this thread , and i see someone with adsl complaining of LAG , wtf .....

Dude, i'm on a 56k line(OUCH!!!!), so feel for me , PLZ !
play on local servers

Wat do you play?
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
bonkers

Post by bonkers »

I play on saix , but , with my 56k , well you know , I LAG, but still they say "don't blame it on the lag , dude" , grrrr....
How do you get this damn thing working .....
Monty
Forum Moderator

Post by Monty »

my parents dont want me to play online games any more...
they be scared of hackers or some thing like that
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
piranha786

Post by piranha786 »

how can any1 play on 56k , i dont even whant to try. that yahoo pool even lag with 56, not that I ever get more than 52kbps.

Dell D600 Laptop. (for Work)
AMD 3200+, ATI X1600XT, 1gig Ram, 250GB DVD DL + LS ASUS A8R-MVP Crossfire mB. (for Games)

Avy - Compliments from Bio-H
bonkers

Post by bonkers »

i don't play with the 56k , it's impossible play like that , and i don't want the others to suffer because i'm lagging , that's just not fair !

PS: sorry my eng sucks , i know !!!! I'm actually afr !
the_nominator

Post by the_nominator »

WTF i dont lag on 56k

I get pretty good pings on SIAX servers
ImageStuff the DS!
07 Designs|Portfolio
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

Dear Vivendi, thank you for your existence. Thank you for keeping an army of lawyers and making a good use of it. Thank you for shutting down FSGS project back in nineties and screwing up entire Starcraft community. Thank you for suing maintainers of bnetd project (2 people) with your army of lawyers, and thank you for making it illegal. Thank you for a nice behavior with your game developers, we really appreciate this. Thank you for spending all that money you getting from us, gamers, to do all these wonderful things. We love you.

Dear Valve. Let me emphasize how happy we are with your steam service. It was such a pleasure for us to learn that we need to download and install bunch of crap in order to play the game we bought. Thank you for rewarding people who brought a DVD with the best reward one can imagine – give them a special version of hl2.exe that has a securom protection on it, while having generic unprotected version on DVD, so people who pirated it can easily use it. Thank you for shutting down our accounts, and thank you for maintaining your servers with such a great availability. Please, continue to put activation and encryption in any game you’re going to release – we really love that.
Monty
Forum Moderator

Post by Monty »

Moses_Reloaded wrote:Dear Vivendi, thank you for your existence. Thank you for keeping an army of lawyers and making a good use of it. Thank you for shutting down FSGS project back in nineties and screwing up entire Starcraft community. Thank you for suing maintainers of bnetd project (2 people) with your army of lawyers, and thank you for making it illegal. Thank you for a nice behavior with your game developers, we really appreciate this. Thank you for spending all that money you getting from us, gamers, to do all these wonderful things. We love you.

Dear Valve. Let me emphasize how happy we are with your steam service. It was such a pleasure for us to learn that we need to download and install bunch of crap in order to play the game we bought. Thank you for rewarding people who brought a DVD with the best reward one can imagine – give them a special version of hl2.exe that has a securom protection on it, while having generic unprotected version on DVD, so people who pirated it can easily use it. Thank you for shutting down our accounts, and thank you for maintaining your servers with such a great availability. Please, continue to put activation and encryption in any game you’re going to release – we really love that.

LOL
bonkers

Post by bonkers »

the_nominator wrote:WTF i dont lag on 56k

I get pretty good pings on SIAX servers
Emmm... ,where EXACTLY do you play ?!?! (You live in SA, right ?!?!, cause my ping sucks !!!)
the_nominator

Post by the_nominator »

yeah all SIAX servers....if u dont belive me Retro and GrAyV3e will tell u
ImageStuff the DS!
07 Designs|Portfolio
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Actualy, playing on 56kb is really not that impossible... I have played Quake 2 online the good old days for hours...

Ive palyed a little CS also, but this just wasnt fun back then... I have played CS on a 64kb line along with someone else without too much lag though... As soon as pings start hitting 200 it doesnt make sense to play anymore though...

Although, if you enjoy it, the ping can even be 300 and it wont bother you...

Bonkers, depending on where you live in SA & on what servers you play makes a huge difference... Also, how many other people are online...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za