Anime

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Dra90n3ddy

Post by Dra90n3ddy »

Does anyone lnow where do download an origan DragonBall episodes because i allready have all the Dragonball Z episodes and i want DragonBall original before I get DragonBall GT :twisted:
Zero

Post by Zero »

Hem Hem, read the fist page Dra90n3ddy.
The Gentle Giant, the last of his Clan...
Hawk21

Post by Hawk21 »

DBZ is the worst excuse for anime I have ever had the misfortune of catching even a small portion of.
oh its not all that bad, some (if not most) of the episodes are good viewing 8) and while yes it is definately not the best anime out there its not a bad way to spend 25 minutes.

anyways my top 3 anime's are:
1:Neon Genesis Evangelion (+both Movies)
the story and the way that its delivered really make it stand out.id reccomend this to anyone interested in anime

(interesting little side note:theyr planning to make a live action movie of NGE...not too sure how that'l turn out :? )

2:Bubblegum Crisis 2040
this is a remake of the original bubblegum crisis,also very good!

3:Ghost in The Shell
this movie really broke the mould,and really helped spread the popularity of anime around the world. Its a good movie. but there are much better animes out there today. but this is still a great movie for any anime fan (or someone starting to get into anime) to sink their teeth into :)
Hawk21

Post by Hawk21 »

Come on everyone lets try and keep a thread running for this unique artform.
(sounded intelligent there didnt i :lol: )

well here are some links to some anime sites:

www.therightstuf.com
this place has a wide range of Anime dvd's although it is a bit pricey

www.animewallpapers.com
here is a great place for well...anime wallpapers

www.abcb.com
The Anime Cafe- This is the place to go for Anime Reviews

cheers
Reality is the Illusion we all agree upon
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

POKEMON SUX

DBZ RULZ!!!

HEY onlyone I dont have DSTV either, nor do I have MNET!!

I also just play, watch dvd's etc!! BUT I ALWAYS WATCH DBZ
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)
Dra90n3ddy

Post by Dra90n3ddy »

LordRage wrote:POKEMON SUX

DBZ RULZ!!!

HEY onlyone I dont have DSTV either, nor do I have MNET!!

I also just play, watch dvd's etc!! BUT I ALWAYS WATCH DBZ
I never miss DBZ and also have all the episodes on my pc 241 of 279 to be ecact
Life fears death but lives to die!
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

are there only 279 episodes?
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)
brabham

Post by brabham »

I haven't seen much Anime but I know that I like Ghost in the shell and Neon Genesis Evangelion though I only saw it once and cant really remember it. I saw them on DSTV Sci-Fi channel.

I'm not a big fan of DBZ and Digimon and Pokemon, but I like Zero, was an avid fan of the ROBOTECH series when it was airing on SABC. I have also seen the bubblegum crisis series but not a big fan of that. I have seen most of the Anime on Sci-Fi channel but I'm not a keen admirer of the stuff. I just watch it cos theres not much better on that time on Saturdays.
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

I am sure if you watched DBZ during an epic fight you would become addicted like me!!
Dra90n3ddy

Post by Dra90n3ddy »

There are about 900 in total but only 300 are DBZ
there is also Original dragonballs (only have 6 episodes)

And the next sage DragonBall GT (Grand tour) I already have 15 episodes it is F@#$@#$ f@#$#@$ cool
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

Sweet, I have one GT episode... Havent watched it yet though!
Hawk21

Post by Hawk21 »

is GT really any good?
ive been hearing everything from its the next best thing since sliced bread, to its the worst thing to happen to tv :?
brabham

Post by brabham »

LordRage wrote:I am sure if you watched DBZ during an epic fight you would become addicted like me!!
And I am sure you dont know me very well. :D

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
LordRage

Post by LordRage »

Hawk21: I am not sure...

Brabham: OK then!
Hawk21

Post by Hawk21 »

brabham wrote:I haven't seen much Anime but I know that I like Ghost in the shell and Neon Genesis Evangelion
Quality not Quantity 8)
those are both Excellent anime's

the anime being shown on sci-fi channel now (Burn-up warrior Excess) is hillarious its just so...well... odd :)

is anyone watching sci-fi channel anime these days?
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

brabham, Robotech is still the best anmine series of all time IMO. I have the first 2 series on disk.
Evangelion is cool as well. I think I may have the potential to become a real anime fan, but its just really hard to get hold of the good stuff. I dont have DSTV and Pokemon and DBZ are (no offence guys) a bit too juvenile.
Having said that, lets not overlook some other great toons - Thundercats, X-Men (the origional animated series), Starship Troopers (thats CG, but hey...)
VoodooKitty

Post by VoodooKitty »

I'd recommend Samurai X - Rurouni Kenshin, the first two movies, Trust and Betrayal and there was a TV series afterwards too.. 3 seasons, very good, but a little different than the first two movies.

Most Gundams are good, though I myself preferred the 08th MS Team series.

Golden Boy is pretty funny, only about 6 episodes.

Cowboy Bebop is a little older but good.

Naruto is great and also Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke.

Of all I've seen thus far.. these mentioned are my favourites.

vk

http://animedirectsouthafrica.cjb.net/

They're at Hatfield in Pretoria every Sunday.. prices are very reasonable.
VoodooKitty

Post by VoodooKitty »

OOH! And don't forget Guyver and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Good good.

I like DBZ.. it's just a little annoying at times... takes too long for things to happen.. so the large number of episodes.
Dra90n3ddy

Post by Dra90n3ddy »

I totaly agree that is the only drawback of DBZ ,it takes to long to develope
Hawk21

Post by Hawk21 »

heres some news on a live action Neon Genesis Evangelion movie:
05/20/03
In an announcement sure to make waves in the entertainment industry, ADV Films President and CEO John Ledford today publicly confirmed industry rumors that the firm has acquired the rights to produce, and has already begun development of, a live-action feature-film based on the Japanese animated television series “Neon Genesis Evangelion,” a multi-million dollar worldwide franchise and perhaps the most influential anime title in the history of the art form. The project is a collaboration between ADV Films, Gainax and Weta Workshop, Ltd.

The Participants

ADV Films is the leading producer-distributor of Japanese animation in North America. The Japanese anime and game studio Gainax Network Systems was one of the original production studios responsible for “Neon Genesis Evangelion,” and Weta Workshop, Ltd. is the New Zealand-based special effects studio that created the effects for Peter Jackson’s “Lord of the Rings” trilogy.

“The three main players here represent something of a ‘dream-team’ for a project like this one,” said Ledford. “Between the quality and significance of the Gainax title, Weta’s industry-leading skill in the creation of special visual effects, and our expertise in the marketing and promotion of anime and anime-related content, this project is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”

The Story

“Neon Genesis Evangelion” is the story of a reluctant young hero, called upon to pilot an immense robotic weapon in battle against alien invaders. Including both a 26-episode television series and at least two animated motion pictures, “Neon Genesis Evangelion” has long been both a fan favorite and an extraordinary critical and commercial success, with the worldwide franchise producing many millions of dollars in revenue.

Timetable

The “Neon Genesis Evangelion” live-action motion picture is in the earliest stages of development. Ledford confirmed, however, that the timetable is an aggressive one, and that more information on the project is forthcoming.
good news or bad? ...hmm :?
Charger1406

Post by Charger1406 »

DBZ is cool. I still find it funny how in one full 30 minute episode they can convey absolutely zero about the plot,BUT, miss one episode and you don't know what's going on! Neon Genisis was freeking cool, There was another one as well something about aliens called the "Blue" that was really good. That one caleed The legend of overfiend or something like that was rather,ahem, disturbing. Especially the part where the dude transforms and all those penises start shooting out of him. Riigghht. Dirty Pair falsh was dumb, and burn up excess they can't stop showing bouncing boobs. And what's up with that dude that has blood squirting out of his nose whenever he sees something\someone hot?? WTF?? :?
Hawk21

Post by Hawk21 »

one full 30 minute episode they can convey absolutely zero about the plot
this amazes me no end :lol:
The legend of overfiend
this was seriously disturbing...and im never watching it again 8O
Dirty Pair falsh,Burn Up Excess
hey these two were funny...in an odd way i mean come on you have to see the humour in it :?

its nice to watch some off the wall kind of shows especially after they finished showing BubblegumCrisis2040 and Blue Gender which were kinda involving and made you think,etc

Long live Goofy anime 8) :P
Charger1406

Post by Charger1406 »

Legend of overfiend*Shudders at the thought* Some VERY good advice to everyone, If you ever see it, stay far away from it!!!I'm sure Hawk 21 would agree, that was just,just,distrubing.Never again. Thats it!!!! Blue gender was freeking cool, but got REALLY dumb close to the end. As for burn up excess, whats up with that gun mad chick. She like purves over every gun she sees. Who saw last weeks, when she was purving over the fighters guns :lol:

As for the goofy thing. I won't even ask.
brabham

Post by brabham »

What was so bad about legend of overfiend? I saw it and it wasnt that screwy... :oops: :D :oops:

Hawk21

Post by Hawk21 »

What was so bad about legend of overfiend? I saw it and it wasnt that screwy
:) ok in total it wasnt a bad movie but well certain moments...uh well 8O :lol: :lol:

i thought blue gender was really good although yeah like you say it got a bit off near the end
gun mad chick.
hey man shes the coolest one in the show 8) yup i saw last weeks that was funny :lol:

did you see the one where they ripped off NeonGenesisEvangelion with a giant robo called "El Haduro" or something. it looked exactly like "unit-01" :lol: :lol:
As for the goofy thing. I won't even ask.
i mean "off the wall humour" yknow .