Web-Design Tips

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
pesospesos

Web-Design Tips

Post by pesospesos »

Hey ppil, I'm gonna design my own website and pay for a .com domain name, but I need some tips on what makes a good website, and what programs I should use. I have the full Dreamweaver software packages, which I believe is pretty good. I know all the basics about web design, etc. and can use both the text editor or a design page.
Core 2 Duo E8400
Gigabyte P35-DS3R
4 GB twinx ddr800
Gigabyte 9800GTX
500GB & 320GB Seagate hdd
Benq 22" Widescreen
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

Content... content... and once again content!

A site with great content will keep people coming back for more.

A site might look great, but without the content to back up the site you will struggle to get people to visit it.
Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

PESOSPESOS i suggest that you really listen to the "CRUSADER" he's got a great site going! Wish Mine was like his!
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Content and layout are equally important. You can't have great stuff but a painful way to get to it. And vise versa.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

Psych0_Cr1tt3r wrote:Content and layout are equally important. You can't have great stuff but a painful way to get to it. And vise versa.
Couldn't agree more, but content is the main purpose of a website. A site without content isn't worth much.
the_nominator

Post by the_nominator »

Yeah an load times if ur using WYSIWYG programs I suggest u get a a program that takes out all the unneeded commands whick makes the html file smaller and compress pics
ImageStuff the DS!
07 Designs|Portfolio