MySQL RUINED!

Get help on databases - MySQL, Oracle, Access, etc.
Phreak

MySQL RUINED!

Post by Phreak »

I just have one thing to say: DO NOT GET A FREE WEB HOST LIVE DELUXE HOST OR LYCOS! They suck! Do you know what happened to me? I had a phpBB forum hosted on there, It was f\doing pretty well, and then the server had troubles. They said that it will be fixed shortly and that there where some problems whith some sites. They said

"Even though we have some minor difficulties, it is not likely that your site shall be effected"

Nice, so I think, Great! NOTHINGIS GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME! And you know what? When they were back online, my files were moved, some deleted, and the ENTIRE SQL database was ruined! So I had to start EVERYTING over again!

So,l there is enough reason why you should NEVER trust a free host! :cry:
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Didn't the host offer an option to export your SQL?
Phreak

Post by Phreak »

That was also a problem. I exported it, and it worked, exept when i tried too import it it said i do have permission. I tried various ways, but i eventually gave up :(
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Phreak wrote:That was also a problem. I exported it, and it worked, exept when i tried too import it it said i do have permission. I tried various ways, but i eventually gave up :(
ok then. That is most inconvenient.
JEdiWaNNaBE

Post by JEdiWaNNaBE »

Well, i'm using a free host (www.ineedhosting.net) and i've never had any problems with them. They have had 100% uptime for the past 5 months and if you ask them for a little more space, or for something like that, they will most probably give it to you.

They are really professional.
Phreak

Post by Phreak »

Dare I say they are not free.... :?
JEdiWaNNaBE

Post by JEdiWaNNaBE »

lol, look right at the bottom of the page, theres a link that says "Webspace4free" (http://www.webspace4free.co.uk) Thats their free service.
Phreak

Post by Phreak »

Is it just me, or do they not really like giving out free webspace...its not very conspicuous...
Phreak

Post by Phreak »

They offer nice things,. but there are TONS of better hosts. ADD FREE ones. One i TRULY trust is http://www.100webspace.com. They give 100MB space and a MySQL database. But yeah....But 1G brandwidth is too little....
JEdiWaNNaBE

Post by JEdiWaNNaBE »

Why?

I signed up for mine and 3 days later i had it. I've been using it since March and the only time i've ever had a problems was when they moved to a new server in july.

It's really easy to get space. Got to the webspace4free site, click on "how to sign up" and follow the instructions. Couldn't be simpler.
JEdiWaNNaBE

Post by JEdiWaNNaBE »

Phreak wrote:They offer nice things,. but there are TONS of better hosts. ADD FREE ones. One i TRULY trust is http://www.100webspace.com. They give 100MB space and a MySQL database. But yeah....But 1G brandwidth is too little....
100mb space is nice, 3gb bandwidth is nice, but only 1 database? And it's only 5Mb!!! ineedhosting gives you 2 and the limit is whatever your free space is.

And i noticed that their paid options are more than ineedhosting. $ 9.95p/m for there cheapest option (100webspace) compared to $3.99 p/m! and ineedhosting gives more features.

I think i'll stay with my guys.
Phreak

Post by Phreak »

Do as you may, but with yours one has to wait for activation! ARG! That is not very nice! :cry:
JEdiWaNNaBE

Post by JEdiWaNNaBE »

Less then 12 hours is the wait. I'd rather wait 12 hours then pay $6 more for a inferior hosting option.

But you use your hoster and i'll use mine.