Android

Network problem solving and tweaks
Tolklein

Android

Post by Tolklein »

Desktop
Last edited by Tolklein on 18 Jan 2022, 11:42, edited 2 times in total.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

It is a server related restriction...

A lot of business internet servers have this to protect them from just this... Doing this quite literally kills the bandwidth for work related and hence would lower productivity...

Im not saying what you were trying to do is wrong, its just not going to happen...

Your mom's internet is limited specifically, same as all the other employees {Save MAYBE the boss :wink: }

Bad luck...

Why not get yourself something like Xsi-Net ... If you look around you can get away with a minimum of around R60 per month for internet...

Check www.hellkom.co.za ... on the left they have a price comparison bar with links to all the ISP's...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
Android

Post by Android »

there are a few way to get pass this. you can use the following CGI proxy to gain access to most web sites that are restricted http://www.nova.android.za.org/cgi-bin/ ... h-proxy.pl or go to my site www.android.za.org and click on the set me free link.

i hope this helps
Last edited by Android on 26 Nov 2004, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
jee

Post by jee »

Android wrote:there are a few way to get pass this. you can use the following CGI proxy to gain access to most web sites that are restricted http://www.nova.android.za.org/cgi-bin/ ... h-proxy.pl or go to my site www.android.za.org and click on the set me free link.

i hope this helps
You know, there are reasons why work firewalls restrict access to sites. Will using the proxy not hog the bandwidth in anycase? We are often too quick in breaking rules that are set inplace to serve as safeguards.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Andriod. You are using the_nominators avatar. Please change it to one of your own.
Android

Post by Android »

maxxis wrote:Andriod. You are using the_nominators avatar. Please change it to one of your own.
sure i'll do it next year
\\\\\\\" irc.darkhaven.org.za \\\\\\\"
jee

Post by jee »

Android, please do it now? Thanks
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.