Excalibur and ATITOOL

Post your scores or get advice on how to better them.
Moses

Excalibur and ATITOOL

Post by Moses »

Having an HIS X800 Pro ICEQII, I have been keen on overclocking, although I haven't tried until now...

Firstly, I installed the Omega Drivers recently and since then my Graphics card's temperature (under the overdrive tab) has shot up from 26° to 46°C. I don't know what caused this, or if it is just Omega giving me the wrong (or right) temperature.

Secondly, I have tried using ATI Tool. I clicked find max core. It was busy testing +- 530 when I decided to check my temp under the Overdrive tab, it said 70°C, so I quickly shut down ATITool.

When soverdrive is on, my core goes to 507.

I am totally new to this all, and am unaware of what AtiTool it supposed to do. Surely it should be monitoring my temp as well? When does it decide that is has found the max core clock? when my GPU melts?

THanks for the help...

If anyone else has this card, could you let me know what you have managed to overclock to?
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

No, when it detects artifacts or when you GPU cannot go any further because of heat problems. It has happened to people before that problems occured using ATI Tool, but for me it is a blessing!!
Uninstall the omega drivers and then reinstall your old drivers (or newer version drivers). Re-check the temps of your card, then run Find Max Core/Mem for about 20-30 Mins (if possible).

Maybe you should get another Monitor to check your temps ~ just to be sure.
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
Moses

Post by Moses »

Trouble was, the Catalyst drivers don't work. Well the do work, but the actual control center doesn't work - It just can't be opened. (I do have the .net fix)
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

oo I remember your post, I told you to Uninstall drivers, then use Driver Cleaner 3 to find any last drivers. Did you do that? Also, Try the Catalyst 4.8 or 4.7, I would have to say they are the most stable drivers around. I'm using 4.8 now.
Moses

Post by Moses »

yeah, I have had this erratic problem since they introduced the Control Center. I did not use driver cleaner, but I did follow some other tweak guide and I manually deleted lots of files.

I'd prefer to use the latest drivers as I have significant performance increases in later driver releases...
Demoraliser

Post by Demoraliser »

hmm...i have the same problem. Have dotnet fix and patch but that control center just wont open. And now, no matter what drivers i have, my pc just hangs when i shut down...the windows is shutting down screen stays indefinitely....
Lee Mercer (Angel): This is getting ridiculous. The first assassin kills the second assassin sent to kill the first assassin, who didnt assassinate anyone until we hired the second assassin to assassinate her.
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

The 4.9 and 4.10 drivers do the same to me, thats why im using 4.8
legit

Post by legit »

ADV4NCED wrote:The 4.9 and 4.10 drivers do the same to me, thats why im using 4.8
that coz, u OCed ur card til it caught fire!!!!!!, u lil newb
Mephesto-AF-

Post by Mephesto-AF- »

Just e-mail ATI support with all your driver probs, they get billions a month. 8O

We help them make the drivers better that way!!