And the worst PC Gaming company award goes to...

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

And the worst PC Gaming company award goes to...

Post by Anakha56 »

You guessed it EA! You have to follow the link to the article and read how EA "defends" itself from this award... Makes me hate them even more if it was possible...

http://consumerist.com/2013/04/05/ea-ad ... dden-fans/
EA Admits It “Can Do Better” But Blames Worst Company Success On Homophobes And Whiny Madden Fans
By Chris Morran April 5, 2013

Video game giant EA is on the precipice of having a chance to repeat as grand champion in the Worst Company In America tournament, so one might think this would be a time for EA to make nice with the customers who feel like they are being mistreated. And in an EA.com blog post, Chief Operating Officer Peter Moore does admit to mistakes and promise to “do better.” But, for reasons we can’t even begin to fathom, he didn’t stop there.
SHRUGGING OFF CONCERNS
In his statement, Mr. Moore begins by questioning the merit of Consumerist readers’ opinions on what constitutes a “worst company.”
“This is the same poll that last year judged us as worse than companies responsible for the biggest oil spill in history,” writes Moore. He’s obviously referencing the 2011 champ BP, except BP wasn’t even in the bracket last year. In response to Moore’s statement, we’d like to take a moment to explain that our “Worst Company in America” contest exists within the context of this website, which is about consumers and their relationship to the marketplace and to businesses. Just to be clear: The point of this contest, now in its 8th year, is to enable consumers to send a message to a company that provides goods or services to them. Winning this contest means your customers are trying to tell you something. And that something is that you, out of all the companies, most deserve a plastic poop trophy.
Mr. Moore continues, “The complaints against us last year were our support of SOPA (not true), and that they didn’t like the ending to Mass Effect 3.”

REALITY CHECK

One day EA will learn... One day...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: And the worst PC Gaming company award goes to...

Post by StarBound »

I thought they won the worst american company for 2 years running now?

At the end of the day sales count regardless of how fans are mistreated. Let's face it, SimCity won them this award hands down.

Lesson: We like our single player games to have single player.
Learned?: The future will tell (but I doubt it).
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Sorry you are right, they are the worst company in America for the last two years running...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Hands down winner this year.

Bonus points to EA scumbag for crying that a 'worse' company was not nominated.

Last I checked BP doesn't sell luxury items like games, and it's continued operation doesn't depend on whether or not people enjoy using its products