Need a permanent connection

Network problem solving and tweaks
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Well here are Mwebs Isp charges

http://www.mweb.co.za/products/fast_int ... nfopage=34

I think i read it from this thread that if you cancel it you ahve to pay about R99 for every single month that is left in the contract :bigups:
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Mweb is too expensive... Well actually not that much more expensive but every rand counts :)

What are you talking about about the R99 per month if yo cancel the contract, which contract?

I just did some looking round and found I can get a ADSL modem from as little as R350, excellent :)

ADSL here I come, I hope... :?
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

someidiot means that if you cancel your contract for some reason you are still under obligation to hand over R99 p/m for the rest of the contracted period.
Pirates!
thats why they can give you a free modem if you sign for 24mnths, cos even if you cancel they know that your R99 per month will cover the cost and some
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

I forgot where i heard it from but i think it could be Sentech and I am sure every other company would do the same....
For a sentech modem it costs R3500 8O

Where did you find a modem for that price Azgard?
Also planning on getting adsl
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

I've heard that IBurst's contract is a lot more flexible that Sentechs, but still ADSL is looking better for the moment :)

At ComputersOnly they have one for R500 and at Sybaritic they have some for almost R400, internal and external.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

What does iBurst entail?
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Have a look at my iBurst thread in Networking neon_chameleon.

Basically it's like Sentech, they've been beta testing the whole year, offering prelaunch packages now and will officially launch in March next year,

or visit http://www.iburst.co.za for more info.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Thanks Azgard. Guess I should of used the good old search function. Slap on the wrist.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

iBurst Site wrote:Usage allowance The first 3GB of capacity is included monthly. Once the monthly allowance has been used, the burst rate will be restricted to 64kbps. Additional capacity can be purchased during the course of the month.

The usage allowance as well as the pay per use bandwidth will be implemented during the soft-launch phase.
There's a cap! What! Can one still download at 64K internationally?
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

At the moment they are rethinking the 3gb cap, when it was first released so many people complained about it. Currently they aren't capped but probably will be in a few months, hopefuly they don't leave it as a 3gb cap.

From what I've read once you reach the cap they just drop you to a 64k line and you can still access everything, international and local.

When they launch properly next March they'll probably have a few different connection packages with varying speeds and caps :)