Mega Man Returns in Street Fighter X Mega Man

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Mega Man Returns in Street Fighter X Mega Man

Post by Stuart »

It's almost been three years since Mega Man, one of Capcom's most iconic characters, has starred in his own video game. Since the release of Mega Man 10 on various digital services, the only mention of the Blue Bomber has been through two cancelled projects, Mega Man Legends 3 and Mega Man Universe. But now, with his 25th anniversary upon us, Capcom is bringing Mega Man back and, in a very interesting move, tying him to Street Fighter.

Street Fighter X Mega Man might follow the naming convention of Capcom's last fighting game crossover (Street Fighter X Tekken), but it has nothing to do with the world of Cross Gauges and Super Arts. Instead, Capcom has turned to Mega Man fan and Singapore native, Seow Zong Hui, to create a traditional 8-bit Mega Man adventure, using Street Fighter characters in place of the traditional robot masters. Eight iconic fighters, ranging from Ryu to Blanka, will make an appearance, and true to series form, Mega Man will take key powers from each boss as he defeats them.

Capcom is planning on making Street Fighter X Mega Man a PC-only download starting on December 17. Best of all, the game will be absolutely free. The publisher also notes this marks a "kick off of festivities taking place in 2013, when Mega Man takes center stage as “The Blue Bomber” reflects on his own 25 years of gaming greatness."

Source
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Re: Mega Man Returns in Street Fighter X Mega Man

Post by KALSTER »

That sounds great! Will definitely be downloading that.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Whenever I see the pixelated version of mega man I wanna slap someone working for capcom. I've played Megaman 8 and Megaman X4 on the PSX. I loved the upped graphics style. I swear this is just to see how cheap they can go and if people are willing to pay full price for minimal developement effort.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Well, I also played some of the PSX versions and it is just not the same. Give me the 8bit version any day.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

StarBound wrote:I swear this is just to see how cheap they can go and if people are willing to pay full price for minimal developement effort.
Well, given that this is a free game, I will be the first in line to pay full price for it.
KALSTER wrote:Well, I also played some of the PSX versions and it is just not the same. Give me the 8bit version any day.
+1

I still love those 8-bit Mega Man / Rock Man games. Looking forward to this.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Stuart wrote:I still love those 8-bit Mega Man / Rock Man games.
I did back in the day but those days have passed. I'm skipping a lot of 8-bit style games that is coming out recently like Hotline Miami, retro city rampage ect.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.