CoD Black Ops 2

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

CoD Black Ops 2

Post by StarBound »

Let's not romantisize it. The Call of Duty series has spawned one of the best and many of the worst first person shooter games in existance. From the well known and praised CoD4 Modern Warfare to its horrifying sequels MW2 and MW3, CoD remained the choice of the CS kiddy that decided its time to destroy a different franchise.

Black Ops 2 is set for release the end of the year. Yes... another CoD game.

The only reason I am mentioning this is because there is a rumour afloat that BO2 will support ranked dedicated servers. The same kind as the original black ops but sadly it doesnt seem we will get back to the quality that cod4 provided.

So with the assumption that the graphics will still be rivalling quake or the likes at least we have this bit of hope to cling onto.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Re: CoD Black Ops 2

Post by StarBound »

Alright so 2 things:
1 - dedicated ranked servers confirmed for black ops 2.
2 - ...nuketown 2025 is available as a pre-order.

Whether the game is good or not remains to be seen.
My Steam Screenshots

Puento

Post by Puento »

soooo how is the game? :lol:
CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 2.66Ghz
MOBO: MSI P55-GD56
GPU: ATI Club3D HD5770 1G
SCREEN: Samsung SA350 24"
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Wait there is another CoD coming out? Seems I missed out on a lot of same old same old shooters this year. See there is a "new" MoH game as well... :? Will wait until this game is heavily discounted before buying it and going with Activision's track record that will be never...

In other news...

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/13/repor ... ct-2-info/
Report: Some Black Ops 2 retail discs contain Mass Effect 2 info

by Jessica Conditt on Nov 13th 2012 1:30PM

Players who bought retail PC copies of Black Ops 2 – some of the same people who waited in line for hours on a cold November night during the midnight launch – popped in the second installation disc to find that it's for Mass Effect 2. Reports on Steam, Reddit, 4chan and the Black Ops 2 forums describe the same problem, and the video below shows it in action (along with some NSFW language).

This prevents these players from installing Black Ops 2 with the discs, but each retail copy comes with a Steam key and the entire game can be installed digitally. It will take a while, but it is at least, eventually, playable; this process largely negates the entire "waiting in line for a retail version" thing, though.

We've contacted Activision for more information.
Follow the link for the vid.

BioWare responds!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... a-contest/
BioWare Responds To 'Black Ops 2/Mass Effect 2' Mix-Up With Humor And A Contest

Some PC boxes of Activision’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 contained a surprise second disc: a copy of Mass Effect 2 from competitor EA.

This was a mix-up on the distributor’s part and sort of a funny mistake given the rivalry between the two publishers and the irony that many fans of the Mass Effect series have been complaining that it’s become too much like Call of Duty over the years.

But BioWare’s response to the kerfuffle is a PR win, as the developer has responded not only with humor, but a contest:
Rumor has it that about a thousand customers who purchased Call of Duty: Black Ops II for PC today were also treated to a surprise copy of Mass Effect 2. If you were one of the affected, chances are you thought it was a mistake, but we prefer to think that it was an omen, and when the universe talks, you should listen.

If the universe thinks that you should be playing Mass Effect right now, who are we to argue? In fact, we want to help! The first fifty fans affected by this phenomenon to send us a picture holding their special disc 2 will receive a code for a FREE PC copy of Mass Effect Trilogy.
So fifty Black Ops 2 fans may get their first introduction to the Mass Effect trilogy if they happen to stumble across this contest. More details on how to enter at the BioWare website.

No word yet on whether Activision will launch a similar contest, awarding fifty people codes for every Call of Duty title ever made….

P.S. As a reader points out, this contest is flawed, no matter how charming it may be. The discs themselves are printed with Black Ops 2 designs, it’s only the game data that’s incorrect. So really anybody who purchased the PC version of the game could theoretically enter the contest.
/goes back to sleep on the FPS genre...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Its semi fresh. The maps has been hugely redone. It feels like a game of its own. The problem... the dedicated ranked servers are no where to be seen.
My Steam Screenshots

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

StarBound wrote:Its semi fresh. The maps has been hugely redone.
So what you are saying there is that they did not have the time to think up a whole lot of new maps so instead they redid a whole lot of old ones? Why do I want to rush out and buy it then? :?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Anakha56 wrote:So what you are saying there is that they did not have the time to think up a whole lot of new maps so instead they redid a whole lot of old ones? Why do I want to rush out and buy it then? :?
Because you wanted to play nuke town :P

The maps are new. They went away from the gritty grimmy black ops style, away from the washed out mw style and ended up with bright colourful maps.
My Steam Screenshots

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Meh still nothing to tempt me to pay the full price. Will wait for the special if it ever comes...
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Or until they fixed the server issue. Else it would be like buying MW2/MW3 in new dressing.
My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Ok have to correct this. The games hit detection is better. Kill cams shows dead on hits. Not the flimsy mw2/mw3 kills where you shoot at someones foot and get a headshot.

I'd still say wait if your not heavy into a shooter a day.
My Steam Screenshots

Puento

Post by Puento »

on the dedicated severs:
Will Black Ops have Matchmaking or Dedicated Servers?
Both! Call of Duty®: Black Ops II PC combines matchmaking with secure ranked dedicated servers. This means that you get into Public Matches or League Play via matchmaking lobbies. It is easy to party up and play with your friends. You can adjust your classes or scorestreaks between matches. It also means that every Public or League match is hosted on a dedicated server running in one of our high bandwidth datacenters around the globe.
link
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

In other words, like matchmaking, you have no control over latency.
My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Ok played it for a good few days now. It's better than MW3 and MW2 but black ops 1 is still better as you can select a low latency server and cod 4 remains the best with no downtime if anything happens to servers.
My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Well guys, it seems that the biggest controversy this year (mass effect 3 ending) is being contested by none other than Activision themselves. If you started up your MP session for BO2 you would notice that Nuketown 2025 has been removed from the rank listings. Seems pre-order bonuses can only last so long.
My Steam Screenshots

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

In i-dont-follow-blops english please?
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Nuke Town is one of the favourite maps from black ops 1. Black ops 2 has the redesigned Nuke Town 2025 map and was added as a pre-order incentive. Yesterday the map was pulled from the playlist and the response so far was that it will only be available during special events.
My Steam Screenshots

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Ouch! What makes this funny is that when I was in BTGames on Saturday one of their customers asked the guy (while buying his console version of the game) "Is the new Nuketown included in this one?" guy behind the counter said yes... :lol: Wonder if he will get a refund since that was what he was looking for... :lol:
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

I'll be honest its the only map I kept playing after the dlc servers went down. Its as loved as much as it is hated. The maps for BO2 is good. Have not yet found one that I distinctly dislike but nuke is that map where your in the action 24/7. And ofcoarse it was the main reason I pre-ordered the game. Think it holds true for more buyers than they would let on.

XP wise its the fastest boost you can get.
My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Ok good news (semi). Nuketown is back on the maplist as a new entry in a chaos moshpit. This means a veriaty of maps and modes.
My Steam Screenshots

Puento

Post by Puento »

just bought my copy of BLOPS2... got nuketown map for free!
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Yup most of the copies that came it had the code on it. If you didn't get the code you might have to wait until dlc pack 4 to get the map.
My Steam Screenshots

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

StarBound wrote:Yup most of the copies that came it had the code on it. If you didn't get the code you might have to wait until dlc pack 4 to get the map.
And since this is Acti and Bobby you will pay R350 for that dlc pack because it contains new maps! Namely Nuke Town 2120 with the advanced feature... dedicated servers! <_<
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Anakha56 wrote:And since this is Acti and Bobby you will pay R350 for that dlc pack because it contains new maps! Namely Nuke Town 2120 with the advanced feature... dedicated servers! <_<
Lol

The map packs are going for $15 per pack, or $50 for the season pass. Past black ops maps had 4 MP maps and a zombie map. Pack 4 was just the 4 original stages from WaW and the moonbase. I have to say the first 2 map packs features the best maps the game had. Loved the hotel more than I should have :P
My Steam Screenshots

Puento

Post by Puento »

so I've played multiplayer for 2 days now, and dammit I'm impressed with the new match making...
im playing with 3G now, and it takes me under 5 seconds to get a game and when im in game there is NO lag what so ever !
<100ms ping the whole time, this dedicated severs makes a huge difference ! its 1000 times better than mw3.