Any hardware related topics go here.
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

XBOX 360 Wireless Wheel Issue

Post by DarkRanger »

So, in 2010 I bought a wireless XBOX wheel with my hard earned cash. I used it once, it was fun, and then it sat gathering dust in a cupboard... A while ago I thought about taking it out again as Forza 4 has become somewhat of an every day thing for me (juggling that and BF3 these days, but that's a whole other discussion). As I have all assists off (except clutch) with Forza, I thought it might be a good idea to dust of the wheel, and start using it. Well, the idea was good, but the wheel... Slightly to the left.

And with that I mean, it pulls. To the left. It's like it off center, and that causes the car to steer left. I've tried just using it as is, but with force feedback, there is no way to get it right, as the wheel thinks center is off left (by about 5-10 degrees), so in essence, it over feedbacks (if that's what you can call it).

I just want to know if someone has experienced this, and if there is any fix for it. I found a guide to reset the sensor on the Googles, but for the life of me, can't seem to find it again (failure at using bookmarks, I know, my fault).

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated to get the wheel solidly center again.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Re: XBOX 360 Wireless Wheel Issue

Post by Ron2K »

Some quick searching around suggests that you'll have to take the thing apart and manually realign it.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

This is the guide I found: http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forum ... hread.aspx

But I tried, and it didn't work. I'll retry it this afternoon...
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

Okay, update. The wheel now sits center and pulls back to center. But in Forza 4, it still pulls left. The steering wheel in the car is turned to the left (slightly) even when the actual wheel on my table points straight ahead. I've cleared the cache... No luck. Any ideas?
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Buy a new game :dontknow:
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"