RAID drive not showing in nvidia control panel

Any hardware related topics go here.
Belix

RAID drive not showing in nvidia control panel

Post by Belix »

Hi folks!

PC locked up Friday, and would not load windows. After a bit of mucking about it came up with a boot error. SInce windows is on a RAID 0 drive, I decided to load windows on a third drive, and them attempt to pull the data of the RAID drive. After installing windows again, I still cannot see the RAID 0 drive. It shows in the bios and in the "bios" raid tool where you set the raid options directly after bootup and shows as 'healthy' on boot, but when you get into windows and open the nvidia control panel, the drive does not show. It also does not show in Disk Management.

Any suggestions?

| Intel C2D E7300 | Asus Striker Extreme | CL X-Fi ME | Asus 8800GTS | Aopen 700W |
| 2*Seagate 1TB Raid | Samsung 2232GW 22" LCD | Team Extreem 2GB DDR2 800 |
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: RAID drive not showing in nvidia control panel

Post by StarBound »

Unless your running a nforce board nvidia drivers should have nothing to do with a raid mode driver. I don't use raid for my drives.

Doesn't raid make 2 harddrives run like 1 with certain segments on one drive and certain segments on the other?
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Belix

Post by Belix »

Striker Extreme is a nforce 680i board.
Yeah, RAID 0 spits the data between two drives, so you get close to double the data rate. FUn part is losing one drive, means all data is lost.

| Intel C2D E7300 | Asus Striker Extreme | CL X-Fi ME | Asus 8800GTS | Aopen 700W |
Belix

Post by Belix »

OK got the drives showing up finally!
Trouble is now windows wants to initialize the drive...which I gather will wipe out all the data. Can take a risk and then try restore the data I guess...
Now, what was that partition retrieval tool I found a while back...