Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Official!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Re: Diablo 3 Official!!!

Post by Anakha56 »

:lol: Roles reversed at my house but this what I have been like when getting home from work (5am) and leaving for work (5pm), just cant stop playing...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Battle.net servers down for maintainance.

WTB Torchlight 2. They could have made a killing from it if it was a "Torchlight it while you wait for a login sale".
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
MIA

Post by MIA »

StarBound wrote:Battle.net servers down for maintainance.
Does that only include the login servers and not the diablo 3 servers? I'm still able to play.

EDIT: I guess not, just finished normal, but got a timeout error when i tried starting in nightmare difficulty.
Forum Points: 16400

Please sign and forward this. Its for a good cause. Dungeon Keeper 3
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

I think it is for the european realms. Remember you had to select america/europe/asia.

Damn I should have registered for a torchlight 2 beta. Got a feeling I might abandon Diablo 3 when TL2 hits.
My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Despite being a brilliant game the further you get in D3 the more certain aspects stands out that contridicts its brilliance.
My Steam Screenshots

Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

I miss the millions of old gems and skulls! Having only four is very boring! I want my Poison Fire Lightning glass swords!
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

Methinks all the Torchlight fanbooi-ism is unjustified, hate to burst any bubbles but Torchlight II will probably get some dedicated followers, but to be frank, it doesn't stand a snowballs against the Blizzard juggernaut. Torchlight I was fun, but nowhere near as fun as DII. I don't see any midnight releases or 2 million pre-orders for Torchlight II. And people can say what they like about the always online and server issues, people were well aware of the requirement and pre-ordered anyway. People are also getting exceptionally agro when the servers go down because they can't wait to get back in to the awesomeness of DIII.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Jonboy wrote:People are also getting exceptionally agro when the servers go down because they can't wait to get back in to the awesomeness of DIII.
No. People are getting agro because the product they PAID for is not working.

The excuse of "well it is to be expected, so many people trying to log in at the same time. it will settle down eventually" is weaker than really weak thing. It is UNNACPETABLE for a product not wot work when new. Would you accept a car that broke down as soon as you drove it off the showrrom floor? NO!

Furthermore, Blizzard have had 7 YEARS of online gaming to perfect their IT architecture for this game. WoW used to have log-in queues, SURELY they could have implemented something similar?

I really like the game, I really do, but Blizzard have really pissed me off with this weaksauce, online-only single player BS that was NOT thought out properly.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

agree Wolf.

also as I posted in another thread: you telling us that when they opened the BETA to every1 and the servers were solely based in US, that they didn't see how 1 regions servers would get pounded???

now you have ASIA, EU and US and they getting these problems.
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Jonboy wrote:people were well aware of the requirement.
You would think knowing about online only play since long before the beta would prevent any unwanted Jimmy rustling, but....
GreyWolf wrote: Blizzard have really pissed me off with this weaksauce, online-only single player BS that was NOT thought out properly.
Off-The-Chart wrote:agree Wolf.

I have to agree that the launch was a shambles tho. I got my copy a day late and even from then, access was spotty. But since day 3 I have had no issues.
This still doesn't distract from the fact that this is the most fun I've had playing an RPG since Skyrim.
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

EU servers were down for 8 hours yesterday.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

agree Jammie :D

(notice a pattern? :p )

out of every time I have tried to play, I have managed to play, which is why all the moaning doesn't bother me that much.

I do however feel their pain, cause I know if it happens to me, I will also feel the rage building inside me.

I have also managed to pace myself in playing and put about 2-3hrs every session, trying to explore everywhere and do as much stuff required for the achievements as well. I did encounter that problem where the achievements didn't register so now have to go redo some stuff, like killing that dammed butcher :(

all in all my CE is was still well worth it and now I hope they do release some expansions.
MIA

Post by MIA »

Off-The-Chart wrote:all in all my CE is was still well worth it and now I hope they do release some expansions.
I do too, but they have not really made any room in the story for it, unless some new evil comes forth that was not mentioned in the four Acts of the game.
Forum Points: 16400

Please sign and forward this. Its for a good cause. Dungeon Keeper 3
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

hmmm true, forgot about that.

but heck even if they again just added new characters or new levels in between, I would play it again :)

(and by that time server problems would hopefully be less :) )
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Whats bothering me aside from the fact I can only play when blizzard allows me to play is that the music in the dungeons so far has all been the same. From act 1 to act 3 there is no difference in either act dungeon or dungeon tile. I remember how different it was in Diablo 2. The caves, the mosuliems, the sewers, the tombs, the maggot sand trap, kurast jungle caves ect. all of them had different music. But despite all the zones in Diablo 2 having different music if you listened to it you would find a single theme carried over on each sound track.

I have not really felt that in Diablo 3.

The best game dynamic Diablo 3 brings forward is the unlocking of the skills. Being able to choose and build on demand is good. It also means no wasted talent points. The skill points are questionable though. I'd have gone and mix between 2 stats only instead of wide spreading it.

When I finished the game I will give all my final thoughts but for now between battle.net being down and having helped them stress test that beta weekend I am unimpressed at still getting those errors. As for the in-game the music as stated is unimaginative and doesn't carry the diablo soul.
My Steam Screenshots

hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

GreyWolf wrote:EU servers were down for 8 hours yesterday.
I do feel your pain bud - 8 hours is pushing it...
But if that was SC2 or another game that is region-bound you would be boned.
With D3, just start a character on the US or Asia servers and play there when your preferred region goes down.

I have a monk on EU that is level 5 or something. I might start a sangoma on EU so I can play with you noobs when I'm done playing my monk on US...
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Speaking of expansions/DLC, Blizzard might be able to milk something out of "The Madness of Adria" or "Tyrael:assault on Hell" :-P

I thought that the dungeon music in the original Diablo sounded much more menacing than what I have heard so far in Diablo 3-like the background sounds in Dead Space, it made me feel uneasy.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

jamin_za wrote: But if that was SC2 or another game that is region-bound you would be boned.
With D3, just start a character on the US or Asia servers and play there when your preferred region goes down.
1. I only have about 2/3 hours of game time at a time. I would end up with a whole bunch of characters at lvl 14/15 at the begining of act 2.
2. All my mates are on the EU servers
3. "Your new i-phone works fine, just hold it different."
- H. L. Mancken
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

GreyWolf wrote:3. "Your new i-phone works fine, just hold it different."
A thermomitor use to be put under your tong. With Blizzard it now goes ...

The one thing these servers positively proves though is dedicated servers are the way to go. Everyone gets treated the same, if someone drops there is no "the host has !@#$ed off" or "Host migraning in progress". Still its kind of a big price to pay when you played dead island where everyone shared the map and even if the host left the game continued.
My Steam Screenshots

hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

GreyWolf wrote:"Your new i-phone works fine, just hold it different."
:lol:
I'm not saying it's not broken for you, it's just not broken for me :P and I'm not white knighting for Blizzard either, if they dicking around on the EU servers then shame on them.

My original reply was to your rant about online only not being well thought out.
From Blizzards POV it is very calculated... how many people have pirated D3 :?:

That being said, I just finished the game on normal mode, started to solo nightmare mode, made it to the first dungeon outside New Tristam and promptly died twice trying to clear it...
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

jamin_za wrote:My original reply was to your rant about online only not being well thought out.
Ahh.. Let me clarify: The EXECUTION of the online only system was not very well thought out. I can't believe no one at Blizz was like: "Hey what happens if we COMPLETELY underestimate the number of people wanting to log in at the same time?"
To which the obvious answer should have been: "Well we did have a queueing system for WoW about 4 YEARS ago, why dont we just impelemnt that system?"

Instead what seems to have happened is:
Blizz A:"Hey what happens if we COMPLETELY underestimate the number of people wanting to log in at the same time?"
Blizz B:" **** 'em. We would already have gotten the money. "
- H. L. Mancken
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

100% agreement
I went apeshirt when I heard about the free beta weekend - couldnt wait to get on. Imagine my dismay when for that whole weekend I could not connect to the server.
I thought oh well, at least this was a good stress test for launch - now they know how heavy traffic will be and they can scale their servers up to match. What a laugh.
But as many people have said, Blizzard always stuff the launch up.
As far as I'm concerned D3 is stable now, I'm not too fussed if the forst week was spotty considering the replay value of the game I will be at it until Heart of the Swarm - and by then the first week of pain will be distant memory
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

I've had less issues during the beta weekend and the sad part was that was a stress test.
My Steam Screenshots

Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

So it looks like the Legendary loot is borked and that the items are merely meh items... :cry:

http://diablo3markets.incgamers.com/blo ... rivialized
Legendary / Set items Immenseley Undertuned, High-end Weapons Trivialized
Posted 20 May 2012 by Azzure

As more and more people hit level 60, it is becoming apparent that Blizzard may have drastically and unintentionally trivialized end-game weapons and items. Relatively common Magic weapons found on vendors and elite packs are cropping up at very fast rates, and they are better than the best Legendaries in the game.

All that is needed to get the highest DPS weapons in the game is to hit level 60 and kill a few inferno packs and hope a weapon drops with a + damage mod on it (these are relatively common).
There is a thread about this issue on the main forums that has yielded a Bashiok response:

Follow the link further reading and images of magic swords that outrank the highest legendary sword :(.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Off-The-Chart wrote: wouldn't it then be possible to create a patch that would 'bypass' or create a 'virtual' connection, instead of their server, your own pc
that would mean that activision would willingly hand over their IP to the pirating masses while at the same time destroying their carefully constructed fake economy...

chances of that happening are somewhere around julius malema admitting he's a mindless windbag with the same urgent grasp on reality as a turnip...

three things which are ruining the game for me.
  • the jeweller is the lamest of gold sinks. it's so clumsy it's almost insulting. :|

the AH is, as predicted, pay-to-win. why play through the game in order to find the required kit when you can hit the AH, enter your class+level and buy your next upgrade :roll:

blues still offer slightly better stats than rares... making the rare drops an interesting source of crafting ingredients and not much else :/
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel