Law or anything legal

A place to talk about more serious topics such as politics, society and current events.
Forum rules
Please read the discussion section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
doo_much

Re: Law or anything legal

Post by doo_much »

SykomantiS wrote:I have a question regarding traffic cameras.

More specifically, cameras in areas where temporary speed restrictions are in place. Can anyone point me to the relevant enforcement acts or such? There is a camera on the N1, I think it's somewhere near the Stormvoël on/offramps? That is, as far as I can tell, an 80 zone, albeit it's a temporary restriction- yellow and black signs?

No-one seems to be sure.
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
RiaX

Re: Law or anything legal

Post by RiaX »

SykomantiS wrote:I have a question regarding traffic cameras.

More specifically, cameras in areas where temporary speed restrictions are in place. Can anyone point me to the relevant enforcement acts or such? There is a camera on the N1, I think it's somewhere near the Stormvoël on/offramps? That is, as far as I can tell, an 80 zone, albeit it's a temporary restriction- yellow and black signs?

Depends on the type of trap, if it's what they call a green mamba camera then no those things are programmed for the normal road speed. If its a traffic policeman then it depends on their mood I would say. Usually it's just the unmanned cameras there they don't go of when the speed has decreased due to construction and generally the cops don camp by construction sites either