Crysis 3!!!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Re: Crysis 3!!!

Post by Hman »

D3PART3D wrote:Open-world: travel in any direction without any artificial barriers. Sandbox: here is a scenario, here are some tools, get creative.
Sandbox and open world is the same thing. Crysis was a linear experience, ie. not sandbox. They guided you into the direction you need to go and what to do, once done you needed to go to another level as there was nothing else to do. The only choices you had in the game was one of a couple of different paths to get to exactly the same place. Most of the levels you didn't even have different paths to choose from.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Hman wrote:Sandbox and open world is the same thing.
Many people would agree with you, but just because they have overlapping characteristics doesn't mean they should be interchangeable.
Hman wrote:The only choices you had in the game was one of a couple of different paths to get to exactly the same place.
That's the problem, you're still only looking at choices as far as travelling through a game world and choosing quests go. I'm talking about all the times in Crysis where you observe from a distance with the binocs, and then formulate your plan and variations based on what you see. That's where the choice comes in - just find NanosuitNinja on youtube to get an idea of how many different ways you can approach things in Crysis. Take out the sniper and then take up his position in the tower. Use sound to lure enemies (who have some of the best AI in any game) into the bushes and then stealth-kill them one by one. Sneak up behind a jeep, kill the occupants and then use the mounted gun. :D
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Still not sandbox.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers