ATT Ubisoft fans(are there any?): Darkness shall descend

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

ATT Ubisoft fans(are there any?): Darkness shall descend

Post by Anakha56 »

http://games.slashdot.org/story/12/02/0 ... gle+Reader
Thanks to DRM, Some Ubisoft Games Won't Work Next Week
Posted by timothy on Friday February 03, @11:37AM
from the how-about-a-nice-game-of-chess dept.

hypnosec writes
"Several of Ubisoft's biggest titles won't be playable as of next week thanks to a server move by the publisher and the restrictive DRM that was used in their development. This isn't just multiplayer either. Because Ubisoft thought it would be a smart plan to use always on DRM for even the single player portion of games like Assassin's Creed, even the single player portion of that title won't be playable during the server move. Some of the other games affected by this move will be Tom Clancy's HAWX 2, Might & Magic: Heroes 6 and The Settlers 7. The Mac games that will be broken during this period are Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell Conviction and The Settlers. This move was announced this week as part of a community letter, with Ubisoft describing how the data servers for many of the publisher's online services would be migrated from third party facilities to a new location starting on the 7th February. The publisher didn't reveal how long the transfer would take."
Letter can be found here: http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/transition/details/

Got to love this response from the UK Forum Manager:
We estimate everything will be back to normal by Wednesday/ Thursday evening and only a few titles will be effected. The reason things like this do not get a time scale is in case it over-runs.

We understand things which have an impact on you playing your games are annoying but this move is good news since this transition will enable us to improve the quality level of our Online Services.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/65 ... 72ffce7cf2

:lol: Annoying? You buy a game only to be unable to play it because the servers require a move. Thanks Ubisoft DRM, so glad the last game of Ubi's I bought was HAWX. Will never buy another Ubi game until they lose this always on DRM scheme...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: ATT Ubisoft fans(are there any?): Darkness shall descend

Post by StarBound »

What was that guys name that predicted stuff like this? Oh yes! StarBound. But no one believed him and here we are. This will make me laugh when console gamers gets the same treatment on the next gen.

But I have abandoned Ubi for a while now.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Haha it seems Ubi failed at even keeping the games they listed online... :lol:

http://www.techpowerup.com/160196/Ubiso ... ckout.html
Ubisoft DRM Server Downtime Causes A Lockout
If you are trying to play Might and Magic: Heroes VI, The Settlers 7 and Tom Clancy’s HAWX 2 or are trying to activate Assassin’s Creed Revelations, Anno 2070 and or Driver: San Francisco don't bother. Ubisoft has announced a server migration this week that will block all access from players validating their legitimate purchases via Ubisofts DRM "always on" model. The original plan was to allow some of these games to remain playable. However it didn't seem to work. Some DRM schemes are more intrusive then others but the Ubisoft "always on" DRM has come under heavy fire this week from players turned critics via Twitter. One is quoted as saying, “Dear @Ubisoft I am totally unimpressed with your server upgrade strategy."

Ubisoft has yet to give a specified time when the servers will be re-launched and players can regain access to their games.
Bet you they will be blame piracy in the coming months for lack of sales meanwhile its because of this piece of crud that the sales will drop...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Hack the server and post links to kill the authentication. Then add some comment like "We are sorry for being such aholes and here is the link to remove server authentication. We would do it ourselves but we don't have the developement resources dedicated to it."

Then wait and see how they respond by taking it off and leaving some comment.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.