Mobile Signal Jamming

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Re: Mobile Signal Jamming

Post by Anakha56 »

Stu go back to tinfoiling the Church idea! :lol:
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

+1
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Get a box at the entrance with the satanic bible in it and have the attendees drop their cell phones in there before the service, under the guise of "trying to give the devil cancer". :?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

doo_much wrote: Stu - that's the same device you had in the OP so the answer stays the same.
So it's an issue with the device, regardless of which bands you are trying to block?
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Yes. But once again - I'm not a lawyer. Don't you have one in the congregation that'll give you a pro bono opinion? And sommer tell you what the possible ramifications of using one and being caught out will be?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Funnily enough, we don't have a lawyer in the church. Or a plumber. You'd almost think that you could caricature lawyers as dishonest money grabbers whose consciences do not allow them to attend church. And plumbers as violent princess rescuers who squash living toadstools and eat only mushrooms.
Prime

Post by Prime »

http://www.itweb.co.za/index.php?option ... nt&print=1

Look, any sort of active jammer is technically radio interference. And regardless of whether or not jamming is illegal, you may not transmit on a licenced band without a licence.

http://www.icasa.org.za/Portals/0/Acts/ ... 202005.pdf

chapter 5, paragraph 50.

Passive jamming which is EMI suppression (rather than EMI interference) is not illegal because it does not pollute the spectrum
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Just give the pastor a shotgun.
You'll probably get away with only having to clean up once :dontknow:
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"