The Movie Thread

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Edder

Re: The Movie Thread

Post by Edder »

I Like Ryan's cracks (that just sounds so wrong!!!!!!!!!!)

but im sure thats not the only thing that makes him a good actor.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Oddly, many of the reviews I have read since last night have indicated that Reynolds is the only saving grace of the film. :?
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

Edder wrote:I Like Ryan's cracks (that just sounds so wrong!!!!!!!!!!)

but im sure thats not the only thing that makes him a good actor.
ooooook......I dont want to know what you like :shock:
capanno

Post by capanno »

I don't know which movie you guys were watching but x-men was seriously mediocre and corny wrapped in a poor script.
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
Molean

Post by Molean »

capanno wrote:I don't know which movie you guys were watching but x-men was seriously mediocre and corny wrapped in a poor script.
To each their own...
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

Booked to take the missus to see Bridesmaids tonight, looks interesting coming from the Judd Apatow crew.

Went and saw X-Men Origins last week and really enjoyed, my second favourite movie to Wolverine.

As for Green Lantern, keen for it, I really enjoy Ryan Reynolds, particularly in Blade: Trinity. Then next week is Transformers 3, can't wait, love Michael Bay explosion fests (Bad Boys II is one of my fave movies of all time).

There's an interesting new movie coming out with Hugh Jackman and some huge fighting robots, looks interesting.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
Molean

Post by Molean »

Heard good things about Bridesmaids, it's apparently quite funny. Keen to give it a watch too.

Ah you are talking about: Real Steel, here's a quick synopsis: In the near future, robots have replaced humans in boxing. Charlie Kenton (Jackman) loses a chance to become a boxing champion when robots take over, and he becomes a small-time promoter. When he has difficulty making a living, he reluctantly teams up with his son Max (Goyo) to build a robot that can contend for the championship

Sounds interesting...
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

How do you guys think about the Hanna movie ? Is it worth watching ?
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Molean

Post by Molean »

wizardofid wrote:How do you guys think about the Hanna movie ? Is it worth watching ?
I was going to watch it last night...

A mate of mine has seen it and really enjoyed it. He said it was like The Professional.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

capanno wrote:I don't know which movie you guys were watching but x-men was seriously mediocre and corny wrapped in a poor script.
Each to his own I guess, but maybe you were the one watching a different movie? ;)

I must be honest, I think I'll give Green Lantern a skip.
Molean

Post by Molean »

I'll give it a watch...well...because I will watch anything hehe...
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

I won't be deterred, even by your application of detergent. :wink:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

KALSTER wrote:
I won't be deterred, even by your application of detergent. :wink:
Oh, I see what you did there!
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Yeah, yeah, suit yourself. :lol:

Transformers 3 is coming out this week, I see.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Watched Source Code with Jake Gyllenhaal and really enjoyed it. Nice concept and storyline.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Molean wrote:
wizardofid wrote:How do you guys think about the Hanna movie ? Is it worth watching ?

A mate of mine has seen it and really enjoyed it. He said it was like The Professional.
The Professional, sad freaking ending.... :cry: :cry:
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Molean

Post by Molean »

wizardofid wrote:
Molean wrote:

The Professional, sad freaking ending.... :cry: :cry:
I watched Hanna on Friday night, it was a decent revenge flick...
capanno

Post by capanno »

Transformers 3. I went to the cinema expecting *****. So I wasn't disappointed when it indeed was *****. Someone needs to stop Michael Bay. For the sake of rudimentary film theory, and the conservation of film as an art form. One thing that stood out especially was the sound track. Its the most awkward, unfitting and unimaginative collection of songs I've ever heard in a movie. :lol:
Molean

Post by Molean »

capanno wrote:Transformers 3. I went to the cinema expecting ****. So I wasn't disappointed when it indeed was ****. Someone needs to stop Michael Bay. For the sake of rudimentary film theory, and the conservation of film as an art form. One thing that stood out especially was the sound track. Its the most awkward, unfitting and unimaginative collection of songs I've ever heard in a movie. :lol:
Woo now I really can't wait to watch this...

Edit: Just went to another forum and everyone was raving about the movie, that they thought it was epically good...some even saying it was better that the original...interesting...
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

capanno wrote:Transformers 3. I went to the cinema expecting ****. So I wasn't disappointed when it indeed was ****. Someone needs to stop Michael Bay. For the sake of rudimentary film theory, and the conservation of film as an art form. One thing that stood out especially was the sound track. Its the most awkward, unfitting and unimaginative collection of songs I've ever heard in a movie. :lol:
So... not all that different from the first two then? :lol:
Molean

Post by Molean »

I thought the first one was good, then the second one came along and well, yea...lets not go there...
capanno

Post by capanno »

Molean wrote:Edit: Just went to another forum and everyone was raving about the movie, that they thought it was epically good...some even saying it was better that the original...interesting...
Lol. errr. no. The first one was OKAYISH. Its by no means a good film, but it was something fresh. Transformers 2 bored me to tears, and I still have it as my all time worst film ever made. T3 was slightly better than the 2nd one, so, its about in the slot of the 2nd worst film Ive ever seen.

Of course people will rave about it. Its got brilliant cgi. Thats the movie's selling point. CGI and A$$. Michael Bay's approach is so obvious. To his credit, he did try to bring more emotion into this one, but he failed. The scenes were awkward. Various sub-plot lines just vanished half way through. Ag no, its horrible.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

There's a a cinema next door to my office and my company bought out tomorrows 3:15PM screening of Transformers III 3D - so I'll be seeing this movie free in 3D.
Molean

Post by Molean »

capanno wrote:
Molean wrote:Edit: Just went to another forum and everyone was raving about the movie, that they thought it was epically good...some even saying it was better that the original...interesting...
Lol. errr. no. The first one was OKAYISH. Its by no means a good film, but it was something fresh. Transformers 2 bored me to tears, and I still have it as my all time worst film ever made. T3 was slightly better than the 2nd one, so, its about in the slot of the 2nd worst film Ive ever seen.

Of course people will rave about it. Its got brilliant cgi. Thats the movie's selling point. CGI and A$$. Michael Bay's approach is so obvious. To his credit, he did try to bring more emotion into this one, but he failed. The scenes were awkward. Various sub-plot lines just vanished half way through. Ag no, its horrible.
Ok cool, was just wondering...to each their own...I enjoyed the 1st one. Transformers 2 was boring and way too many plot holes. Will be watching T3 this weekend and will give my brief review of the film.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Green Lantern / X-Men / Transformers ...

You guys discuss these productions as if they are supposed to stand up next to Ben-Hur.
Make peace with the fact that it is meant for a very specific market.