Delayed again. Why?

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Delayed again. Why?

Post by StarBound »

F3AR and Super Street Fighter 4 AE is set for release today. The reviews are watched and read and the choice is ready to be made. But then you look our local retailers and wonder how many sales they might be loosing due to supplier issues.

I know F3AR was suppose to be released today. I'm not entirely into the new fear games and the GT review said the game is fun but old. While this doesn't affect me as to I am not buying the game the slack and lack of urgancy this is portraying is worrying.

Blizzard games in perticular are of that quality that it is a day one purchase. Day one no matter WTH the game is released in the world. It is world wide and if our supplier are stupid enough to delay titles on their side they are going to get a ton of BTgames and takealot cancellations very soon. The internet is here, it is alive, it is raped by telkom but still it is there. I for one am not one of those that wait for something to arrive after it was suppose to.

But there is a concern even beyond that and it has been running now since the start of the 2nd quarter. Have any of you pre-ordered your portal 2 and not received the companion cube promised? Have any of you ordered your Witcher 2 and not received the hard cover comic book as promised? What about the Dirt 3 bottle opener? You can come from the direction that it is a bonus and has no influence on the content that you are actually purchasing which is of coarse the game. But there is the snag. The game could have been bought after the release. It might just have been that little extra that pushed you to drop the money now rather than later.

Ok so how does that tie in with the current topic? Those extra pre-order items was from supply sources outside retailer control that actually sat with the importers. It was their responsibility to make sure we got what we paid for even if it meant the extra was part of the complete package. Same now goes with the delayed games. Its a bit extra to grab the games off psn or steam now than to wait a few weeks and get it later at a cheaper price. If your in no hurry that is all fine and well as your still getting the game at the price you wanted. The downside to this is your time planning is now screwed up because somewhere someone felt it is nice to waste your time. And this has happened to me over the easter weekend during April. A nice 5 days of Mortal Kombat delayed for 2 weeks which I couldn't recover. I still havent had time to properly pick up the game and play it and that is all Nu Metro's fault. I am sure I could have hunted down a jailbroken xbox 360 copy if I wanted to but while I don't resort to that practice there are others that do.

So to those that are delaying our games, be they our customs, our suppliers, foreign suppliers, the publishers, **** you one and all.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Re: Delayed again. Why?

Post by Hman »

I lolled, hard.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

I got my Duke Nukem preorder tighty whities... :? WORST. PREORDER. HANDOUT. EVER!!!

Star I understand where you are coming from. Highly annoying and I am finally starting to realize that I would far rather just wait for the game a couple of weeks first so the patches could get released first. Lazy devs...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
capanno

Post by capanno »

Is there a picture of SB somewhere on the forum?
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

capanno wrote:Is there a picture of SB somewhere on the forum?
We are on the same frequency.