Disappointing games of 2011

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Disappointing games of 2011

Post by StarBound »

Sequels isnt a problem until they turn out the same game minus the good stuff. Sequels are suppose to be more of the same plus extras.

Dragon age 2. Kept the story, dropped everything else.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

And speaking of sequels would anyone like to add Duke Nukem Forever, Alice Madness Returns and Dungeon Siege 3 to the list of disappointments? :P
My Steam Screenshots

qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

DS III :evil:

The bad: what the crap, stupid controls, bad style of play (rpg with dive rolls lol), camera blues, console port, very linear. cant click targets, need to face them then swing weapon randomly. only 1 char to control. crap dialogue options, voice acting can do better

The good: umm, character models look good, nice visual changes as you get better gear. interesting skill system.

Verdict: played an hour of, got frustrated with gameplay, uninstalled. meh
~~*Head of the Druidic Council of the Pride of Darkness*~~
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Time for an update!

Rage, ID Softwares baby. Know to once bring PCs to their knees shows its age with blurry, often low detailed textures that are only rivaled by Doom 3 at some parts. The difference is this is 2011 and 2003 no longer applies. Any system can run this apart from AMD cards that are just given the bad luck of the draw with a driver issue. The return of the FPS masters will have to wait for a while until they find themselves again. The tech behind it however is amazing.

Modern Warfare 3. The words to discribe this game will get me banned so I will just stop saying anything now.

Dead Island. The game just wasn't finished at release and as I haven't checked it again that is what I am going to remember. The game has graphical glitches everywhere. Random respawns on you are frustrating. Quests break halfway into the completion phases. And just really badly over hyped leaves this game in a very sour spot. The jump in and out multiplayer however is one of the best systems I have seen.
My Steam Screenshots

Necros

Post by Necros »

May I recommend Operation Flashpoint: Red River, I was very disappointed when playing it. Can't really put my finger on what exactly was wrong.